Features and Benefits
- Quad Digitally Adjustable Analog Loops with Digital Interface for Control and Monitoring
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 16V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5V to 3.3V
- ±0.5% Maximum DC Output Error Over Temperature
- ±4% Current Readback Accuracy: 0°C to 125°C
- Integrated Input Current Sense Amplifier
- 400kHz PMBus-Compliant I2C Serial Interface
- Supports Telemetry Polling Rates Up to 125Hz
- Integrated 16-Bit ΔΣ ADC
- Parallel and Current Share Multiple Modules
- 15mm × 22mm × 8.17mm BGA Package
- Readable Data:
- Input and Output Voltages, Currents, and Temperatures
- Running Peak Values, Uptime, Faults and Warnings
- Onboard EEPROM Fault Log Record
- Writable Data and Configurable Parameters:
- Output Voltage, Voltage Sequencing and Margining
- Digital Soft-Start/Stop Ramp, Program Analog Loop
- OV/UV/OT, UVLO, Frequency and Phasing
The LTM4681 is a quad 31.25A or single 125A stepdown μModule® (power module) DC/DC regulator featuring remote configurability and telemetry-monitoring of power management parameters over PMBus. The LTM4681 is comprised of digitally programmable analog control loops, precision mixed-signal circuitry, EEPROM, power MOSFETs, inductors and supporting components.
The LTM4681’s 2-wire serial interface allows outputs to be margined, tuned and ramped up and down at programmable slew rates with sequencing delay times. True input current sense, output currents and voltages, output power, temperatures, uptime and peak values are readable. Custom configuration of the EEPROM contents is not required. At start-up, output voltages, switching frequency, and channel phase angle assignments can be set by pinstrapping resistors. The LTpowerPlay® GUI and DC1613 USB-to-PMBus converter and demo kits are available.
The LTM4681 is offered in a 15mm × 22mm × 8.17mm BGA package available with SnPb or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
- Multi-Rail Processor Power, Configurable Core Power
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.