Features and Benefits
- Programmable Clock Divide by 1/2/4/8/16/32
- Delay Adjustment in Multiples of 1/2 Clock Cycles or in 60 Steps of 20 ps (Typ.)
- -170 dBc/Hz Noise Floor @ 100 MHz Output
- Up to 4 GHz Operation with 800 mVp-p LVPECL Output
- 3.3V Operation (or 5V Operation with Optional On-Chip Regulator for Best Performance)
The HMC988LP3E is a an ultra low noise clock divider capable of dividing by 1/2/4/8/16/32. It is a versatile device with additional functionality including adjustable output phase, adjustable delay in 60 steps of ~ 20 ps, a clock synchronization function, and a clock invert option. Housed in a compact 3x3 mm SMT QFN package, the clock divider offers a high level of functionality. The device works with 3.3V supply or may be connected to 5V supply and utilize the optional on-chip regulator. This on-chip regulator may be bypassed. Up to 8 addressable HMC988LP3E devices can be used together on the SPI bus. The HMC988LP3E is ideally suited for data converter applications with extremely low phase noise requirements.
- Basestation Digital Pre-Distortion Paths (DPD)
- High Performance Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Backplane Clock Skew Management
- Phase Coherence of Multiple Clock Paths
- Clock Delay Management ton Improve Setup & Hold Time Margins
- PCB Signal Flight Time Offset Circuits
- Track and Hold Circuits for ADC/DACs
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.