Features and Benefits
- Low Noise Figure: 2.5 dB
- High Gain: 22 dB
- P1dB Output Power: 10 dBm
- Single Supply Voltage: +3.5V @ 45mA
- Output IP3: +18 dBm
- 50 Ohm matched Input/Output
- 24 Lead 4x4 mm SMT Package: 16mm2
The HMC963LC4 is a self-biased GaAs MMIC Low Noise Amplifier housed in a leadless 4x4 mm ceramic surface mount package. The amplifier operates between 6 and 26.5 GHz, providing 20 dB of small signal gain, 2.5 dB noise figure, and output IP3 of +18 dBm, while requiring only 45 mA from a +3.5 V supply. The P1dB output power of +10 dBm enables the LNA to function as a LO driver for balanced, I/Q or image reject mixers. The HMC963LC4 also features I/Os that are DC blocked and internally matched to 50 Ohms, making it ideal for high capacity microwave radios and VSAT applications.
- Point-to-Point Radios
- Point-to-Multi-Point Radios
- Military & Space
- Test Instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains information for evaluating the HMC963LC4.
X-Band Phased Array Platform
The X-Band Development Platform contains one MxFE® software defined, direct RF sampling transceivers, X-Band to C-Band Up/Down Converter, and a X/Ku Band analog phased array proto-typing platform. The target application is phased array radars, electronic warfare, and ground-based SATCOM, specifically a X Band 32 transmit/32 receive channel hybrid beamforming phased array radar.
The X-Band Development Platform highlights a complete system solution. It is intended as a testbed for demonstrating hybrid beamforming phased array radar as well as the implementation of system level calibrations, beamforming algorithms, and other signal processing algorithms. The system is designed to mate with a ZCU102 Evaluation Board from Xilinx®, which features the Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC FPGA, with provided reference software, HDL code, and MATLAB system-level interfacing software.
The system can be used to enable quick time-to-market development programs for applications like:
- ADEF (Phased-Array, RADAR, EW, SATCOM)
- Hybrid Beamforming
- Electronic Test and Measurement
Features & BenefitsStingray X/Ku Phased Array Proto-typing Board
- 32 Channel Analog Phased Array Prototyping Platform
- 8x ADAR1000 Analog Phased Array Beamforming ICs
- 32x ADTR Transmit/Receive ICs
- RF In, RF Out Design
- Individual RFIO for each BFIC
- 10 GHz Lattice Spacing
- Stand-Alone RF Detector/ADC Combo for Calibration
- PMOD and SDP Connectors for Programming
- On-Board Power Regulation from Single 12V Power Adapter (Included)
XUD1A X/C Band Up/Down Converter
- X Band (RF) to C Band (IF) up/down converter
- 4 TX/RX RF Input/Output via SMA
- 4 TX IF Inputs via SMPM
- 4 RX IF Output via SMPM
- External LO or Internal PLL Options
- PMOD Connector for Programming
- Interposer Board via PMOD to allow SDP and FMC Connectors for Programming
- On-Board Power Regulation from Single 12V Power Adapter (Included)
MxFE Evaluation Board
- Mates with Xilinx ZCU102 Evaluation Board (Not Included)
- 4x RF Receive (Rx) Channels (8x Digital Rx Channels)
- Total 4x 12-bit 4GSPS ADC
- 8x Digital Down Converters (DDCs), Each Including Complex Numerically-Controlled Oscillators (NCOs)
- 8x Programmable Finite Impulse Response Filters (pFIRs)
- 4x RF Transmit (Tx) Channels (8x Digital Tx Channels)
- Total 4x 16-bit 12GSPS DAC
- 8x Digital Up Converters (DUCs), Each Including Complex Numerically-Controlled Oscillators (NCOs)
- Flexible Clock Distribution
- On-Board Clock Distribution from Single External 500MHz Reference
- Support for External Converter Clock
- On-Board Power Regulation Powered by ZCU102 Evaluation Board via FMC Connector
Software Features and Benefits
Easy Control Tools and Platform Interfaces to Simplify Software Framework Developments:
- MATLAB System Applications GUI
- Example HDL Builds including JESD204b/JESD204c Bring-Up
- Embedded Software Solutions for Linux and Device Drivers
Software Reference Design Examples for ADEF Applications to Reduce Prototyping Time:
- Hybrid Beamsteering Capability
- System Phase Calibration
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Sys-Parameter models contain behavioral parameters, such as P1dB, IP3, gain, noise figure and return loss, which describe nonlinear and linear characteristics of a device.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|HMC963LC4||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||24-Lead LCC (4mm x 4mm w/ EP)|
|HMC963LC4TR||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||24-Lead LCC (4mm x 4mm w/ EP)|
|HMC963LC4TR-R5||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||24-Lead LCC (4mm x 4mm w/ EP)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.