Features and Benefits
- Frequency band: 57 GHz to 64 GHz
- RF signal bandwidth: up to 1.8 GHz
- Output power for 1 dB compression: 15 dBm
- Gain: 5 dB to 35 dB
- Digital and analog RF and IF gain control
- Integrated frequency synthesizer
- Integrated image reject filter
- Partially external loop filter
- Support for external local oscillator (LO)
- On-chip temperature sensor
- Support for 256 QAM modulation
- Integrated minimum shift keying (MSK) modulator
- Universal analog I/Q baseband interface
- 3-wire serial digital interface
- 65-ball, RoHS compliant, wafer level ball grid array
The HMC6300 is a complete millimeterwave transmitter integrated circuit in a 6 mm × 4 mm RoHS compliant wafer level ball grid array (WLBGA) that operates from 57 GHz to 64 GHz with up to 1.8 GHz modulation bandwidth.
An integrated synthesizer provides tuning in 250 MHz, 500 MHz, or 540 MHz steps with excellent phase noise to support up to 64 QAM modulation. Optionally, an external LO can be injected allowing for user selectable LO characteristics or phase coherent transmit and receive operation, as well as modulation up to 256 QAM. Support for a wide variety of modulation formats is provided through a universal analog baseband I/Q interface. The transmitter chip optionally supports dedicated frequency-shift keying (FSK), minimum shift keying (MSK), and on-off keying (OOK) modulation formats for lower cost and lower power serial data links without the need for high speed data converters.
A differential output provides up to 15 dBm linear output power into a 100 Ω load. Single-ended operation is also supported up to 12 dBm. Together with the HMC6301, a complete 60 GHz transceiver chipset is provided for multiple Gbps operation in the unlicensed 60 GHz ISM band.
- Small cell backhaul
- 60 GHz industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) band data transfer
- Multiple Gbps data communication
- WiGig/802.11ad radio
- High definition video transmission
- Radar/high resolution imaging
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EK1HMC6350 evaluation kit allows users to set up a half-duplex, 60 GHz millimeter wave link using standard baseband analog interfaces. MMPX and 1.85 mm connectors are provided to interface with third party test equipment or millimeter wave antennas. The EK1HMC6350 evaluation kit includes a USB interface and graphical user interface (GUI) software, the HMC6300/HMC6301 Graphical User Interface, allowing the user to program the HMC6300 and HMC6301 by writing to the device registers.
There are two motherboards in the kit: an HMC6300 motherboard with the TX module location populated and the HMC6301 motherboard with the RX module location populated.
Full specifications on the HMC6300 and HMC6301 are available in the HMC6300 and HMC6301 data sheets, which should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-1031 when working with the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 60 GHz evaluation kit designed for quick evaluation of the HMC6300 and HMC6301 transmit/receive chipset
- Demonstration platform allows easy integration of the HMC6300 and HMC6301 radio link with a baseband modem for over the air transmission
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.