Features and Benefits
- Frequency band: 57 GHz to 64 GHz
- Radio frequency (RF) signal modulation bandwidth: up to 1.8 GHz
- Noise figure (NF): 8 dB typical
- Receiver gain: 0 dB to 69 dB
- Digital and analog RF and intermediate frequency (IF) gain control
- Programmable baseband gain and filter bandwidth
- Integrated frequency synthesizer
- Integrated image reject filter
- Partially external loop filter
- Support for external local oscillator (LO)
- On-chip temperature sensor
- Support for 256 quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM)
- Integrated AM and FM detectors
- Universal analog I/Q baseband interface
- 3-wire serial digital interface
- 75-ball, RoHS compliant, wafer level ball grid array
The HMC6301 is a complete millimeterwave receiver integrated circuit in a 6 mm × 4 mm, RoHS compliant, wafer level ball grid array (WLBGA) that includes a low noise amplifier (LNA), an image reject filter, an RF to IF downconverter, an IF filter, an I/Q downconverter, and a frequency synthesizer. The receiver operates from 57 GHz to 64 GHz with up to 1.8 GHz of double-sided modulation bandwidth.
An integrated synthesizer provides tuning in 250 MHz, 500 MHz, or 540 MHz steps with excellent phase noise to support up to 64 QAM modulation. Optionally, an external LO can be injected allowing for user selectable LO characteristics or phase coherent transmit and receive operation, as well as modulation up to 256 QAM. Support for a wide variety of modulation formats is provided through a universal analog baseband I/Q interface.
The receiver device also contains AM and FM detectors to demodulate on-off keying (OOK), frequency-shift keying (FSK), or minimum-shift keying (MSK) modulation formats for lower cost and lower power serial data links without the need for high speed data converters.
Gain control is provided in the RF, IF, and baseband stages and a low 8 dB typical noise figure is supported at maximum gain. Together with the HMC6300 transmitter, a complete 60 GHz transmit/receive chipset is provided for multiple Gbps operation in the unlicensed 60 GHz ISM band.
- Small cell backhaul
- 60 GHz industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) band data transfer
- Multiple Gbps data communication
- WiGig/802.11ad radio
- High definition video transmission
- Radar/high resolution imaging
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EK1HMC6350 evaluation kit allows users to set up a half-duplex, 60 GHz millimeter wave link using standard baseband analog interfaces. MMPX and 1.85 mm connectors are provided to interface with third party test equipment or millimeter wave antennas. The EK1HMC6350 evaluation kit includes a USB interface and graphical user interface (GUI) software, the HMC6300/HMC6301 Graphical User Interface, allowing the user to program the HMC6300 and HMC6301 by writing to the device registers.
There are two motherboards in the kit: an HMC6300 motherboard with the TX module location populated and the HMC6301 motherboard with the RX module location populated.
Full specifications on the HMC6300 and HMC6301 are available in the HMC6300 and HMC6301 data sheets, which should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-1031 when working with the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 60 GHz evaluation kit designed for quick evaluation of the HMC6300 and HMC6301 transmit/receive chipset
- Demonstration platform allows easy integration of the HMC6300 and HMC6301 radio link with a baseband modem for over the air transmission
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.