New Content (1)
Technical ArticlesEnabling Robust Wired Condition-Based Monitoring for Industry 4.0—Part 2
Features and Benefits
- Ultralow power: as low as 57 μA in measurement mode and 0.1 μA in standby mode at VS = 3.3 V (typical)
- Power consumption scales automatically with bandwidth
- User-selectable resolution
- Fixed 10-bit resolution
- Full resolution, where resolution increases with g range, up to 13-bit resolution at ±12 g (maintaining 2.9 mg/LSB scale factor in all g ranges)
- Embedded FIFO technology minimizes host processor load
- Built-in motion detection functions for activity/inactivity monitoring
- Supply and I/O voltage range: 2.0 V to 3.6 V
- SPI (3- and 4-wire) and I2C digital interfaces
- Flexible interrupt modes mappable to either interrupt pin
- Measurement ranges selectable via serial command
- Bandwidth selectable via serial command
- Wide temperature range (−40 to +105°C)
- 10,000 g shock survival
- Pb free/RoHS compliant
- Small and thin: 5 mm × 5 mm × 1.45 mm LFCSP package
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADXL312 is a small, thin, low power, 3-axis accelerometer with high resolution (13-bit) measurement up to ±12 g. Digital output data is formatted as 16-bit twos complement and is accessible through either a serial port interface (SPI) (3- or 4-wire) or I2C digital interface.
The ADXL312 is well suited for car alarm or black box applications. It measures the static acceleration of gravity in tilt-sensing applications, as well as dynamic acceleration resulting from motion or shock. Its high resolution (2.9 mg/LSB) enables resolution of inclination changes of as little as 0.25°. A built-in FIFO facilitates using oversampling techniques to improve resolution to as little as 0.05° of inclination.
Several special sensing functions are provided. Activity and inactivity sensing detects the presence or absence of motion and whether the acceleration on any axis exceeds a user-set level. These functions can be mapped to interrupt output pins. An integrated 32 level FIFO can be used to store data to minimize host processor intervention.
Low power modes enable intelligent motion-based power management with threshold sensing and active acceleration measurement at extremely low power dissipation.
The ADXL312 is supplied in a small, thin 5 mm × 5 mm × 1.45 mm, 32-lead, LFCSP package.
- Car alarm
- Hill start aid (HSA)
- Electronic parking brake
- Data recorder (black box)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADXL312Z is a simple breakout board that enables easy connection of an ADXL312 into an existing system. The ADXL312 is a digital-output, 3-axis accelerometer whose low power consumption and built-in features make it ideal for use in a wide variety of applications. Due to its small size, the EVAL-ADXL312Z has minimal effect on performance of the system and of the accelerometer, and thus it is ideal for evaluation of the ADXL312 in an existing system. Note that the ADXL312 must be communicated with digitally via SPI or I2C. No processor is included with the EVAL-ADXL312Z; firmware must be supplied externally by the user. For evaluation boards that include a processor, please see the EVAL-ADXL312Z-M.
The iMEMS® Real Time Eval System is an easy-to-use evaluation tool targeting bench or desktop characterization of Analog Devices, Inc., inertial sensor products. The system consists of the inertial sensor evaluation board (ISEB), or main board, and a satellite board for any Analog Devices inertial sensor product. The ISEB connects directly to a PC via an USB cable, with the USB connection providing both communications and power to the board. The ISEB is connected to the satellite board through a ribbon cable. This cable allows the satellite to be easily manipulated for testing or separately placed into an environmental chamber for temperature or humidity testing. Separating the boards mitigates corruption of data due to the temperature and humidity effects of other components.
The ISEB is an universal main board and is intended to be used with various satellites of Analog Devices inertial sensors, including analog and digital accelerometers, as well as gyroscopes. The different products are evaluated by means of separate GUIs that are customized for performance and characterization measurements relevant to the inertial sensor being evaluated.
The EVAL-ADxZ-M system contains the ISEB and the EVAL-ADxZ-S satellite. Also included is an USB A to Mini-B cable to connect the ISEB to a PC and an 18-inch, 20-pin ribbon cable to connect the ISEB to the satellite.
- ADXL313 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL312 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL375 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXRS290 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL350 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL346 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL344 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL343 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL345 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.