Features and Benefits
- High common-mode transient immunity: 100 kV/µs
- High robustness to radiated and conducted noise
- Low propagation delay
- 13 ns maximum for 5 V operation
- 15 ns maximum for 1.8 V operation
- 150 Mbps maximum guaranteed data rate
- Backward compatibility
ADuM130E1/ADuM131E1 pin compatible with ADuM1300/ADUM1301
- Low dynamic power consumption
- 1.8 V to 5 V level translation
- High temperature operation: 125°C
- Fail-safe high or low options
- 16-lead, RoHS compliant, SOIC package
- See data sheet for additional information
The ADuM130D/ADuM130E/ADuM131D/ADuM131E are triple-channel digital isolators based on Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to alternatives such as optocoupler devices and other integrated couplers. The maximum propagation delay is 13 ns with a pulse width distortion of less than 3 ns at 5 V operation. Channel matching is tight at 3.0 ns maximum.
The ADuM130D/ADuM130E/ADuM131D/ADuM131E data channels are independent and are available in a variety of configurations with a withstand voltage rating of 3.75 kV rms (see the Ordering Guide). The devices operate with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 1.8 V to 5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems as well as enabling voltage translation functionality across the isolation barrier.
Unlike other optocoupler alternatives, dc correctness is ensured in the absence of input logic transitions. Two different fail-safe options are available, in which the outputs transition to a predetermined state when the input power supply is not applied or the inputs are disabled. The ADuM130E1/ADuM131E1 are pin compatible with the ADuM1300/ADUM1301.
- General-purpose multichannel isolation
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI)/data converter isolation
- Industrial field bus isolation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
EVAL-ADuMQSEBZ can be used with most iCoupler® and isoPower(R) isolation products in the 16-lead, wide-body SOIC and QSOP packages. The evaluation board supports the common pad positions for power, ground, and I/O pins.
Supported iCoupler® Products
Features & Benefits
- Convenient connections for power through screw terminal blocks
- Add-on BNC connector for 50 Ω signal sources
- On-board signal routing
- Support for signal wrap back
- Simple signal paths to reduce transmission line effects
- Pull-up and pull-down provided for control lines
- Support for isoPower
- Project area that supports surface-mount and through-hole devices
The EVAL-3CH4CHSOICEBZ evaluation board supports triple- and quad-channel standard data isolators in 16-lead SOIC packages. The evaluation board provides a JEDEC standard 16-lead SOIC_N and SOIC_W pad layout and routing appropriate
for the evaluation of supported devices. The evaluation board provides a connection to power supplies by screw terminals and
includes optimal bypass capacitors. Signal channel routing supports signal distribution, loopback, and provides positions for loads referenced to the VDD1/VDD2 and GND1/GND2 planes. Signal sources can be conducted to the board through header pins or edge-mounted SMA connectors; SMA connectors must be ordered separately.
Positions for through-hole 0.2 inch headers compatible with active probes are provided on the printed circuit board (PCB); probe header pins must be ordered separately. The board follows PCB design practices for 4-layer boards, including a full power and ground plane on each side of the isolation barrier. No other EMI or noise mitigation design features are included on the board. In cases of very high speed operation or when ultralow emissions are required, refer to the AN-1109 application note for additional board layout techniques.
Full specifications for the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Access to all 4 data channels
- Enable/disable controls
- Multiple connection options
- Support for active probes
- Provision for cable terminations
- Support for PCB edge-mounted coaxial connectors
- Easy configuration
- Sample iCoupler digital isolator must be ordered separately
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.