Features and Benefits
- Pin compatible upgrade of ADuC812/ADuC831/ADuC832
- Increased performance
- Single-cycle 20 MIPS 8052 core
- High speed 420 kSPS 12-bit ADC
- Increased memory
- Up to 62 kBytes on-chip Flash/EE program memory
- 4 kBytes on-chip Flash/EE data memory
- In-circuit reprogrammable
- Flash/EE, 100 year retention, 100 kCycle endurance
- 2304 bytes on-chip data RAM
- Smaller package
- 8 mm × 8 mm chip scale package
- 52-lead PQFP—pin-compatible upgrade
- Increased performance
- Analog I/O
- 8-channel, 420 kSPS high accuracy, 12-bit ADC
- On-chip, 15 ppm/°C voltage reference
- DMA controller, high speed ADC-to-RAM capture
- Dual output PWM Σ-Δ DACs
- On-chip temperature monitor function
- 8052 based core
- 8051 compatible instruction set (20 MHz max)
- High performance single-cycle core
- 32 kHz external crystal, on-chip programmable PLL
- 12 interrupt sources, 2 priority levels
- Dual data pointers, extended 11-bit stack pointer
- On-chip peripherals
- Time interval counter (TIC)
- UART, I2C®, and SPI® Serial I/O
- Watchdog timer (WDT)
- Power supply monitor (PSM)
- Normal: 4.5 mA @ 3 V (core CLK = 2.098 MHz)
- Power-down: 10 μA @ 3 V
- Development tools
- Low cost, comprehensive development system incorporating nonintrusive single-pin emulation,
- IDE based assembly and C source debugging
The ADuC841/ADuC842/ADuC843 are complete smart transducer front ends, that integrates a high performance self-calibrating multichannel ADC, a dual DAC, and an optimized single-cycle 20 MHz 8-bit MCU (8051 instruction set compatible) on a single chip.
The ADuC841 and ADuC842 are identical with the exception of the clock oscillator circuit; the ADuC841 is clocked directly from an external crystal up to 20 MHz whereas the ADuC842 uses a 32 kHz crystal with an on-chip PLL generating a programmable core clock up to 16.78 MHz.
The ADuC843 is identical to the ADuC842 except that the ADuC843 has no analog DAC outputs.
The microcontroller is an optimized 8052 core offering up to 20 MIPS peak performance. Three different memory options are available offering up to 62 kBytes of nonvolatile Flash/EE program memory. Four kBytes of nonvolatile Flash/EE data memory, 256 bytes RAM, and 2 kBytes of extended RAM are also integrated on-chip.
The parts also incorporate additional analog functionality with two 12-bit DACs, power supply monitor, and a band gap reference. On-chip digital peripherals include two 16-bit Σ-Δ. DACs, a dual output 16-bit PWM, a watchdog timer, a time interval counter, three timers/counters, and three serial I/O ports (SPI, I2C, and UART).
On the ADuC812 and the ADuC832, the I2C and SPI interfaces share some of the same pins. For backwards compatibility, this is also the case for the ADuC841/ADuC842/ADuC843.
However, there is also the option to allow SPI operate separately on P3.3, P3.4, and P3.5, while I2C uses the standard pins. The I2C interface has also been enhanced to offer repeated start, general call, and quad addressing.
On-chip factory firmware supports in-circuit serial download and debug modes (via UART) as well as single-pin emulation mode via the EA pin.
- Optical networking—laser power control
- Base station systems
- Precision instrumentation, smart sensors
- Transient capture systems
- DAS and communications systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Development systems for evaluation of the following products:
- ADuC841 - 8-Channel 12-Bit ADC + Dual 12-Bit DAC + 20 MIPS Flash MCU
- ADuC842 - 8-Channel 12-Bit ADC + Dual 12-Bit DAC + 16 MIPS Flash MCU
- ADuC843 - 8-Channel 12-Bit ADC + 16 MIPS Flash MCU
The QuickStart Kits for the ADuC8x-series (8052-core) Precision Analog Microcontrollers feature serial-port download/debug capability and an assembly-source debugging environment.
ADI also provides a non-intrusive emulation POD called the USB-EA-CONVZ allowing assembly & C-source debugging. The QuickStart Plus includes the POD (USB-EA-CONVZ) or it can be ordered separately.
Application Notes (9)
Software & Systems Requirements
ADuC843 Code Examples
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.