Features and Benefits
- ±0.5°C (typical) threshold accuracy
- Factory-set trip points from
- −45°C to +15°C in 10°C increments
- +35°C to +115°C in 10°C increments
- No external components required
- Maximum temperature of 125°C
- Open-drain output (ADT6501/ADT6503)
- Push-pull output (ADT6502/ADT6504)
- Pin-selectable hysteresis of 2°C and 10°C
- Supply current of 30 μA (typical)
- Space-saving, 5-lead SOT-23 package
The ADT6501/ADT6502/ADT6503/ADT6504 are trip point temperature switches available in a 5-lead SOT-23 package. Each part contains an internal band gap temperature sensor for local temperature sensing. When the temperature crosses the trip point setting, the logic output is activated. The ADT6501/ ADT6503 logic output is active low and open-drain. The ADT6502/ADT6504 logic output is active high and push-pull. The temperature is digitized to a resolution of 0.125°C (11-bit). The factory trip point settings are 10°C apart starting from −45°C to +15°C for the cold threshold models and from +35°C to +115°C for the hot threshold models.
These devices require no external components and typically consume 30 μA supply current. Hysteresis is pin-selectable at 2°C and 10°C. The temperature switch is specified to operate over the supply range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
The ADT6501 and ADT6502 are used for monitoring temperatures from +35°C to +115°C only. Therefore, the logic output pin becomes active when the temperature goes higher than the selected trip point temperature.
The ADT6503 and ADT6504 are used for monitoring temperatures from −45°C to +15°C only. Therefore, the logic output pin becomes active when the temperature goes lower than the selected trip point temperature.
- Σ-Δ based temperature measurement gives high accuracy and noise immunity.
- Wide operating temperature range from −55°C to +125°C.
- ±0.5°C typical accuracy from −45°C to +115°C.
- Factory threshold settings from 35°C to 115°C in 10°C increments.
- Supply voltage is 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
- Supply current of 30 μA.
- Space-saving, 5-lead SOT-23 package.
- Pin-selectable temperature hysteresis of 2°C or 10°C.
- Temperature resolution of 0.125°C.
- Medical equipment
- Cell phones
- Hard disk drives
- Personal computers
- Electronic test equipment
- Domestic appliances
- Process controls
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.