Features and Benefits
- 2 Blackfin cores capable of 500 MHz/1000 MMACs (2000 MMACs total) for demanding signal processing applications.
- 552 K bytes of on-chip SRAM composed of 148kB of L1 SRAM per core with parity support and a shared L2 256kB SRAM with ECC support.
- Fully integrated DMA controller supporting DMA transfers to and from all on-chip and off-chip memories and peripherals.
- 3x Enhanced Parallel Peripheral Interfaces (ePPIs) supporting up to 24-bit data widths, ITU-R BT.656 modes, and direct connection to TFT LCD panels, parallel converters, video encoders and decoders, image sensors, and other general-purpose peripherals.
- 3 synchronous serial ports (SPORTs) supporting I2S, Packed I2S, left-justified sample pair, and TDM modes.
- USB 2.0 HS OTG.
- Removable Storage Interface (RSI).
- Controller Area Network (CAN) Interface.
- 2 10/100 Ethernet MACs with IEEE 1588 support.
- 4 Link Ports supporting 8-bit wide DMA enabled data transfer.
- 2 Watch Dog Timers and 8 Timer/Counters with PWM support.
- CRC engine.
- 2 SPI-compatible ports supporting master and slave modes.
- 2 UART and 2 Two-Wire Interfaces.
- 2 16-bit Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) channels.
- 19x19 mm CSP BGA package.
- Commercial and Industrial temperature ranges available.
The dual-core ADSP-BF607 Blackfin processor is optimized for a broad range of industrial, instrumentation, medical, and consumer applications demanding complex control and signal processing tasks while maintaining extremely high data throughput.
Features include a high performance enhanced infrastructure, large on-chip memory and a feature rich peripheral set with expanded connectivity options including USB 2.0 HS OTG, 2 10/100 Ethernet MACs, and Removable Storage Interface (RSI).
In addition to these the ADSP-BF607 processor contains features for safety-critical applications, including a CRC for memory protection, Parity and ECC protection in the internal memory blocks and a Fault Management Unit.
EDN China Innovation Award Winner 2012
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The Analog Devices ICE-1000 and ICE-2000 emulators facilitate the creation, test, and debug of advanced applications on Analog Devices Processors and DSPs. Working in tandem with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio development environment, these emulators provide state-of-the-art support for all JTAG-compliant Analog Devices processors.
New debug feature added for the ICE-1000/ICE-2000:
- Coresight Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
Features & Benefits
- JTAG/SWD support for Blackfin, Blackfin+, SHARC and multi-core SHARC+ with ARM
- Plug-n-Play, USB 2.0 compliant
- USB bus-powered device
- Windows® 8.1, Window 7 compatible
- Multiple processor I/O voltage support: 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V
- Multiprocessor support
- JTAG/SWD clock operation of 5 MHz on the ICE-1000
- JTAG/SWD clock operation up to 46 MHZ on the ICE-2000
- Multi-colored LED for enhanced status indication
- Software controlled target reset to support remote debug
The ADSP-BF609 Evaluation Hardware provides a low cost hardware solution for users to evaluate the Analog Devices dual core Blackfin processor, 500 MHz/1000 MMACs each (2000 MMACs total) ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® processor family. This hardware comes in two configurations; ADSP-BF609 EZ-Board™ and ADSP-BF609 EZ-KIT Lite®.
ADSP-BF609 EZ-Board - The EZ-Board concept is the lowest cost entry point to evaluate the ADSP-BF60x processors family. This offering assumes that the customer already has an ICE -100B, USB-ICE and/or HPUSB-ICE JTAG Emulator(s). CrossCore® Embedded Studio software is also required.
ADSP-BF609 EZ-KIT Lite - The EZ-KIT Lite includes the complete ADSP-BF609 EZ-Board product plus SADA2 that eliminates the need to purchase a separate JTAG emulator for evaluation purposes.
Other emulators supported by the ADSP-BF60x Evaluation Hardware include the ICE -100B, USB-ICE and HPUSB-ICE
CROSSCORE® Tools Support:
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-BF609 Blackfin processor
- ADM708 voltage monitoring microprocessor supervisory circuit
- ADM3315 serial port transceiver
- ADP1864 constant frequency current-mode step-down dc-to-dc controller
- ADP1715 low-dropout cmos linear regulator with soft start
- ADP2119A synchronous step-down dc-to-dc regulator
- On-processor memory: 64Mx16 bit (1Gbit) DDR2 memory, 16M x 16-bit Burst flash memory, 32Mbit Quad SPI flash memory.
- Interfaces: 10/100 Ethernet PHY, UART, CAN, USB Debug Agent Interface, Expansion Interface III, Standalone Debug Agent 2 (SADA2).
- Accessories: 2GB SD CARD, Ethernet Cable, 5-in-1 USB Cable Set, Power Supply
Documentation & Resources
EE-378: Processor Comparison Guide (ADSP-BF60x/BF70x vs ADSP-SC58x/2158x) (Rev. 1)1/19/2016
EE-360: Utilizing the Trigger Routing Unit for System Level Synchronization (Rev. 1)2/14/2015
EE-364: Implementing Second-Stage Loaders for ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 1)11/18/2014
EE-362: ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® Processors System Optimization Techniques (Rev. 1)11/13/2013
EE-358: Interfacing Red/Clear Sensors to ADSP-BF609® Blackfin Processors (Rev. 1)5/27/2013
EE-354: UART Enhancements on ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 1)8/20/2012
EE-335: Interfacing SD Cards with Blackfin Processors (Rev. 1)3/4/2010
EE-339: Using External Switching Regulators with Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 1)8/18/2009
EE-326: Blackfin® Processor and SDRAM Technology (Rev. 2)8/18/2009
EE-281: Hardware Design Checklist for the Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 2)7/7/2008
EE-185: Fast Floating-Point Arithmetic Emulation on Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 4)8/28/2007
EE-175: Emulator and Evaluation Hardware Troubleshooting Guide for VisualDSP++ Users (Rev. 14)5/21/2007
EE-269: A Beginner’s Guide to Ethernet 802.3 (Rev. 1)6/7/2005
EE-261: Understanding Jitter Requirements of PLL-Based Processors (Rev. 1)2/15/2005
EE-183: Rational Sample Rate Conversion with Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 5)10/30/2003
Software & Systems Requirements
Software Development Tools
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.