Features and Benefits
- 2 Blackfin cores capable of 500 MHz/1000 MMACs (2000 MMACs total) for demanding signal processing applications.
- 424 K bytes of on-chip SRAM composed of 148kB of L1 SRAM per core with parity support and a shared L2 128kB SRAM with ECC support.
- 3x Enhanced Parallel Peripheral Interfaces (ePPIs) supporting up to 24-bit data widths, ITU-R BT.656 modes, and direct connection to TFT LCD panels, parallel converters, video encoders and decoders, image sensors, and other general-purpose peripherals.
- 3 synchronous serial ports (SPORTs) supporting I2S, Packed I2S, left-justified sample pair, and TDM modes.
- USB 2.0 HS OTG.
- Removable Storage Interface (RSI).
- 2 10/100 Ethernet MACs with IEEE 1588 support.
- Controller Area Network (CAN) Interface.
- 4 Link Ports supporting 8-bit wide DMA enabled data transfer.
- 2 Watch Dog Timers and 8 Timer/Counters with PWM support CRC engine.
- 2 SPI-compatible ports supporting master and slave modes.
- 2 UART and 2 Two-Wire Interfaces.
- 2 16-bit Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) channels.
- 19×19 mm CSP BGA package.
- Commercial, and Industrial temperature ranges available.
The dual-core ADSP-BF606 Blackfin processor is optimized for a broad range of industrial, instrumentation, medical, and consumer applications demanding complex control and signal processing tasks while maintaining extremely high data throughput.
Features include a high performance enhanced infrastructure, large on-chip memory and a feature rich peripheral set with expanded connectivity options including USB 2.0 HS OTG, 2 10/100 Ethernet MACs, and Removable Storage Interface (RSI).
In addition to these the ADSP-BF606 processor contains features for safety-critical applications, including a CRC for memory protection, Parity and ECC protection in the internal memory blocks and a Fault Management Unit.
Markets and Technologies
EDN China Innovation Award Winner 2012
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The Analog Devices ICE-1000 and ICE-2000 emulators facilitate the creation, test, and debug of advanced applications on Analog Devices Processors and DSPs. Working in tandem with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio development environment, these emulators provide state-of-the-art support for all JTAG-compliant Analog Devices processors.
New debug feature added for the ICE-1000/ICE-2000:
- Coresight Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
Features & Benefits
- JTAG/SWD support for Blackfin, Blackfin+, SHARC and multi-core SHARC+ with ARM
- Plug-n-Play, USB 2.0 compliant
- USB bus-powered device
- Windows® 8.1, Window 7 compatible
- Multiple processor I/O voltage support: 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V
- Multiprocessor support
- JTAG/SWD clock operation of 5 MHz on the ICE-1000
- JTAG/SWD clock operation up to 46 MHZ on the ICE-2000
- Multi-colored LED for enhanced status indication
- Software controlled target reset to support remote debug
The ADSP-BF609 Evaluation Hardware provides a low cost hardware solution for users to evaluate the Analog Devices dual core Blackfin processor, 500 MHz/1000 MMACs each (2000 MMACs total) ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® processor family. This hardware comes in two configurations; ADSP-BF609 EZ-Board™ and ADSP-BF609 EZ-KIT Lite®.
ADSP-BF609 EZ-Board - The EZ-Board concept is the lowest cost entry point to evaluate the ADSP-BF60x processors family. This offering assumes that the customer already has an ICE -100B, USB-ICE and/or HPUSB-ICE JTAG Emulator(s). CrossCore® Embedded Studio software is also required.
ADSP-BF609 EZ-KIT Lite - The EZ-KIT Lite includes the complete ADSP-BF609 EZ-Board product plus SADA2 that eliminates the need to purchase a separate JTAG emulator for evaluation purposes.
Other emulators supported by the ADSP-BF60x Evaluation Hardware include the ICE -100B, USB-ICE and HPUSB-ICE
CROSSCORE® Tools Support:
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-BF609 Blackfin processor
- ADM708 voltage monitoring microprocessor supervisory circuit
- ADM3315 serial port transceiver
- ADP1864 constant frequency current-mode step-down dc-to-dc controller
- ADP1715 low-dropout cmos linear regulator with soft start
- ADP2119A synchronous step-down dc-to-dc regulator
- On-processor memory: 64Mx16 bit (1Gbit) DDR2 memory, 16M x 16-bit Burst flash memory, 32Mbit Quad SPI flash memory.
- Interfaces: 10/100 Ethernet PHY, UART, CAN, USB Debug Agent Interface, Expansion Interface III, Standalone Debug Agent 2 (SADA2).
- Accessories: 2GB SD CARD, Ethernet Cable, 5-in-1 USB Cable Set, Power Supply
Documentation & Resources
EE-378: Processor Comparison Guide (ADSP-BF60x/BF70x vs ADSP-SC58x/2158x) (Rev. 1)1/19/2016554 K
EE-360: Utilizing the Trigger Routing Unit for System Level Synchronization (Rev. 1)2/14/2015211 kB
• EE-360: Code ExampleZIP
EE-364: Implementing Second-Stage Loaders for ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 1)11/18/2014480 K
• EE-364: Code ExampleZIP
EE-362: ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® Processors System Optimization Techniques (Rev. 1)11/13/2013747 kB
• EE-362: Code ExampleZIP
EE-358: Interfacing Red/Clear Sensors to ADSP-BF609® Blackfin Processors (Rev. 1)5/27/2013319 kB
EE-354: UART Enhancements on ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 1)8/20/2012109 kB
EE-335: Interfacing SD Cards with Blackfin Processors (Rev. 1)3/4/20102666 kB
• EE-335: Code ExampleZIP
EE-339: Using External Switching Regulators with Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 1)8/18/2009163 kB
EE-326: Blackfin® Processor and SDRAM Technology (Rev. 2)8/18/2009958 kB
• EE-326: Code exampleZIP
EE-281: Hardware Design Checklist for the Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 2)7/7/200877 kB
EE-185: Fast Floating-Point Arithmetic Emulation on Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 4)8/28/2007119 kB
• EE-185: Associated Code (Rev 4, 08/2007)ZIP
EE-175: Emulator and Evaluation Hardware Troubleshooting Guide for VisualDSP++ Users (Rev. 14)5/21/2007183 kB
• EE-175: Associated FilesZIP
EE-269: A Beginner’s Guide to Ethernet 802.3 (Rev. 1)6/7/2005447 kB
EE-261: Understanding Jitter Requirements of PLL-Based Processors (Rev. 1)2/15/200590 kB
EE-183: Rational Sample Rate Conversion with Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 5)10/30/2003231 kB
• EE-183 Software CodeZIP
Probing EI3 Extender Board Manual (Rev. 1.0)9/11/2012516 kB
Video Decoder EI3 Extender Board Manual (Rev. 1.1)6/7/2012578 kB
Video Encoder EI3 Extender Board Manual (Rev. 1.1)5/30/2012529 kB
Blackfin®/SHARC® USB EZ-Extender® Manual (Rev. 1.1)5/7/2009359 kB
ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® Processor Hardware Reference (Rev. 0.5)6/4/201216397 kB
ADSP-BF5xx/ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® Processor Programming Reference (Rev. 2.2)7/18/200620321 kB
ICE-1000/ICE-2000 Emulator User’s Guide (Rev. 1.2)6/3/2014321 kB
HPUSB, USB, and HPPCI Emulator User’s Guide (Rev. 3.2)11/11/2009746 kB
ICE-100B Emulator User’s Guide (Rev. 1.1)11/11/2009348 kB
ADSP-BF606/BF607/BF608/BF609 Blackfin Anomaly List (Rev. I, 8/4/2017)8/24/2017224K
Software & Systems Requirements
Lightweight TCP/IP (lwIP) Stack
Software Development Tools
CrossCore® Embedded Studio
CCES is a world-class integrated development environment (IDE) for the ADI Blackfin®, SHARC® and Arm® processor families.
Tools & Simulations
BSDL Model Files
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.