Features and Benefits
- Wideband, dual-channel, active downconversion mixers
- Low distortion, fast settling, IF DGAs
- RF input frequency range:
690 MHz to 3.8 GHz
- Programmable baluns on RF inputs
- Differential and single-ended LO input modes
- Differential IF output impedance: 100 Ω
- Programmable via a 3-wire serial port interface (SPI)
- For RF = 1950 MHz, IF = 281 MHz, high linearity mode:
- Voltage conversion gain, including IF filter loss: −5 dB to +26.5 dB
- (See data sheet for more detailed information)
- Flexible power-down modes for low power operation
- Power-up time after enabling channels: 100 ns, typical
- Single 3.3 V supply
- High linearity mode: 440 mA
- Low power mode: 260 mA
Product DetailsThe ADRF6658 is a high performance, low power, wideband, dual-channel radio frequency (RF) downconverter with integrated intermediate frequency (IF) digitally controlled amplifiers (DGAs) for wideband, low distortion base station radio receivers.
The dual Rx mixers are doubly balanced Gilbert cell mixers with high linearity and excellent image rejection. Both mixers convert 50 Ω RF inputs to open-collector broadband IF outputs. Internal tunable baluns on the RF inputs enable suppression of RF signal harmonics and attenuation of out-of-band signals before the mixer inputs, reducing input reflections and out-of-band interference signals. A flexible local oscillator (LO) architecture allows the use of differential or single-ended LO signals.
The dual-channel IF DGAs are based on the ADL5201 and ADL5202 and have a fixed, differential output impedance of 100 Ω. The gain is adjustable over a 31.5 dB range with a 0.5 dB step size via the on-chip SPI, or through independent, 6-bit parallel ports that support latch functionality. Each channel, from the mixer inputs to the IF amplifier outputs, together with an LC interstage band-pass filter, achieves a maximum voltage conversion gain of 26.5 dB.
Fabricated with the Analog Devices, Inc., high speed SiGe process, the ADRF6658 is available in a compact, 7 mm × 7 mm, 48-lead LFCSP package, and operates over the −40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Cellular base stations and wireless infrastructure receivers (W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM, LTE, PCS, DCS, DECT)
- Active antenna systems
- PTP radio link down converters
- Wireless LANs and CATV equipment
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EV-ADRF6658SD1Z provides all the support circuitry to exercise the different configurations internal to the ADRF6658 dual mixer-IFDGA.
This evaluation board requires an SDP Controller board for connection to the PC. The SDP controller board connects to the PC via USB 2.0. The evaluation board will connect to the SDP controller board. The evaluation board cannot be connected directly to the PC. The evaluation software running on the PC will communicate through the SDP Controller board, to the evaluation board. The SDP Controller board is a separate list item in the ordering guide below (EVAL-SDP-CS1Z). If you have not previously purchased an SDP Controller board, please do so to ensure a full evaluation setup.
Features & Benefits
- 4-layer laminated Rogers 4003C/FR-4 printed circuit board
- preconfigured IF filter for each channel, centered at 281 MHz
- Low drop-out voltage-regulators to provide a separate 3.3 V supply for each channel from a single 5.5 V supply (total operating current = 465 mA)
- external baluns to allow choice of single-ended or differential connections for LO and IF ports
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.