Features and Benefits
- −40°C to +125°C operation with EEPROM data retention of 15 years at 125°C
- PMBus Revision 1.2 compliant
- 32-bit password protection with command masking
- 64 address selections (16 base addresses, expandable to 64)
- 6 PWM control signals, 625 ps resolution
- Duty cycle double update rate
- Digital control loop (PID + additional pole or zero configurability)
- Programmable loop filters (CCM, DCM, low/normal temperature)
- Frequency synchronization
- Soft start and soft stop functionality
- Average and peak constant current mode
- External PN junction temperature sensing
- 4 GPIOs (2 GPIOs configurable as active clamp snubber PWMs)
- Fast line voltage feedforward
- Adaptive dead time compensation for improved efficiency
- Extended black box data recorder for fault recording
- See datasheet for additional features
The ADP1055 is a flexible, feature-rich digital secondary side controller that targets ac-to-dc and isolated dc-to-dc secondary side applications. The ADP1055 is optimized for minimal component count, maximum flexibility, and minimum design time. Features include differential remote voltage sense, primary and secondary side current sense, pulse-width modulation (PWM) generation, frequency synchronization, redundant OVP, and current sharing. The control loop digital filter and compensation terms are integrated and can be programmed over the PMBus™ interface. Programmable protection features include overcurrent (OCP), overvoltage (OVP) limiting, undervoltage lockout (UVLO), and external overtemperature (OTP).
The built-in EEPROM provides extensive programming of the integrated loop filter, PWM signal timing, inrush current, and soft start timing and sequencing. Reliability is improved through a built-in checksum and programmable protection circuits.
A comprehensive GUI is provided for easy design of loop filter characteristics and programming of the safety features. The industry-standard PMBus provides access to the many monitoring and system test functions. The ADP1055 is available in a 32-lead LFCSP and operates from a single 3.3 V supply.
- Isolated dc-to-dc power supplies and modules
- Redundant power supply systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation board features an isolated full bridge topology with full bridge secondary side rectification operating at 125KHz switching frequency. Its rated output is 12V, 20A with an input ranging from 38-60VDC.
The evaluation board features the ADP1055 digital controller as the main controller for providing various functions such as PWMs, voltage and current sensing, feedback, etc. It also provides protection features such as OCP, OVP, and OTP.
Advanced features such as black-box, active snubber, constant current mode, double update rate, digital compensation are self contained in the ADP1055.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADP1055 Companion Parts
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.