New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- 4 A peak output current (<2 Ω RDSON)
- Isolated working voltage
- Primary side to secondary side: 1092 VPEAK dc voltage
- 2.5 V to 6.5 V logic input voltage
- 4.5 V to 35 V output supply voltage
- UVLO VDD1 positive going threshold: 2.5 V maximum
- Multiple UVLO options for VDDA/VDDB positive going threshold
- Grade A: 4.5 V maximum
- Grade B: 7.5 V maximum
- Grade C: 11.4 V maximum
- Precise timing characteristics
- TBD ns maximum propagation delay
- Adjustable dead time
- CMOS input logic levels
- High common-mode transient immunity: 150 kV/µs
- High junction temperature operation: 125°C
- Default low output
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition per UL 1577
- 5700 V rms for 1 minute duration
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A (pending)
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 849 VPEAK
- UL recognition per UL 1577
- Increased creepage wide body, 16-lead SOIC_IC
The ADuM4221 is a 4 A isolated, half bridge, gate driver that employs the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to provide independent and isolated high-side and low-side outputs. The ADuM4221 provides 5700 V rms isolation in the increased creepage wide body, 16-lead SOIC package. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to the alternatives, such as the combination of pulse transformers and gate drivers.
The ADuM4221 isolators provide two independent isolated channels. The isolators operate with a logic input voltage ranging from 2.5 V to 6.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems.
In comparison to gate drivers employing high voltage level translation methodologies, the ADuM4221 offers the benefit of true, galvanic isolation between the input and each output. Each output can continuously operate up to TBD VPEAK relative to the input, thereby supporting low-side switching to negative voltages. The differential voltage between the high-side and low-side may be as high as TBD VPEAK.
A single resistor between DT and GND1 provides a wide range of dead time adjustment. As a result, the ADuM4221 provides reliable control over the switching characteristics of the insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT)/metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET) configurations over a wide range of positive or negative switching voltages.
- Switching power supplies
- Isolated IGBT/MOSFET gate drives
- Industrial inverters
- Gallium nitride (GaN)/silicon carbide (SiC) compatible
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.