Features and Benefits
- Digitally tunable, multioctave, high-pass and low-pass tuning
- Independent 3 dB frequency control for up to 4 GHz of bandwidth
- Optimal wideband rejection: 35 dB
- Single chip replacement for discrete filter banks
- Compact 9 mm × 9 mm, 56-terminal LGA package
- Supports defense and aerospace applications (AQEC standard
- Military temperature range of −55°C to +105°C
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly and test site
- One fabrication site
- Production change notification
- Qualification data available on request
The ADMV8818-EP is a fully monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) that features a digitally selectable frequency of operation. The device features four independently controlled high-pass filters (HPFs) and four independently controlled low-pass filters (LPFs) that span the 2 GHz to 18 GHz frequency range.
The flexible architecture of the ADMV8818-EP allows the 3 dB cutoff frequency (f3dB) of the high-pass and low-pass filters to be controlled independently to generate up to 4 GHz of bandwidth. The digital logic control on each filter is 4 bits wide (16 states) and controls the on-chip reactive elements to adjust the f3dB. The typical insertion loss is 9 dB, and the wideband rejection is 35 dB, which is ideally suited for minimizing system harmonics.
This tunable filter can be used as a smaller alternative to large switched filter banks and cavity tuned filters, and this device provides a dynamically adjustable solution in advanced communications applications.
- Test and measurement equipment
- Military radar, electronic warfare, and electronic countermeasures
- Satellite communications and space
- Industrial and medical equipment
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADMV8818-EVALZ is available for evaluating the ADMV8818 digitally tunable, high-pass and low-pass filter. The ADMV8818-EVALZ incorporates the ADMV8818 chip, as well as a negative voltage generator, low dropout (LDO) regulators, and an interface to the EVAL-SDP-CS1Z (SDP-S) system demonstration platform (SDP) to allow simple and efficient evaluation. The negative voltage generator and LDO regulators allow the ADMV8818 to be powered by either the 5 V USB supply voltage from the PC via the SDP-S or by using two external power supplies.
The ADMV8818 is a fully monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) that features a digitally selectable frequency of operation. The chip features four independently controlled high-pass and low-pass filters that span from 2 GHz to 18 GHz. The chip can be programmed using a 4-wire serial port interface (SPI). The SDP-S controller allows the user to interface with the ADMV8818 SPI through the Analog Devices, Inc., Analysis | Control | Evaluation (ACE) software.
For full details on the ADMV8818, see the ADMV8818 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the ADMV8818-EVALZ.
Features & Benefits
- Fully featured evaluation board for the ADMV8818
- On-board SDP-S connector for the SPI
- Evaluation using on-board LDO regulators powered by the USB
- ACE software interface for SPI control
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.