Features and Benefits
- 5.7 kV rms isolated RS-485/RS-422 transceiver
- Low radiated emissions, integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- Passes EN55032 Class B with margin on a 2-layer PCB
- Cable invert smart feature
- Correct reversed cable connection on A, B, Y, and Z bus pins while maintaining full receiver fail-safe feature
- ESD protection on RS-485 A, B, Y, and Z pins
- ≥±12 kV IEC61000-4-2 contact discharge
- ≥±15 kV IEC61000-4-2 air discharge
- High speed 25 Mbps data rate (ADM2865E/ADM2867E)
- Low speed 500 kbps data rate for EMI control (ADM2861E/ADM2863E)
- Flexible power supplies
- Input VCC supply of 3 V to 5.5 V
- Logic VIO supply of 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- VSEL pin to select VISO supply of 5 V (VCC > 4.5 V) or 3.3 V
- PROFIBUS compliant for 5 V VISO
- Wide operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: 250 kV/μs
- Short-circuit, open-circuit, and floating input receiver fail-safe
- Supports 196 bus nodes (72 kΩ receiver input impedance)
- Full hot swap support (glitch free power-up/power-down)
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A, DIN V VDE V 0884-11, UL 1577, CQC11-471543-2012, IEC 61010-1
- 28-lead, fine pitch SOIC_W package (10.15 mm × 10.05 mm) with >8.0 mm creepage and clearance
The ADM2867E and the pending products within this family (on the datasheet, light blue at the top of each page and gray in text) are 5.7 kV rms signal and power isolated RS-485 transceivers. The devices pass radiated emissions testing to the EN55032 Class B standard with margin on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB) using two small external 0402 ferrites on isolated power and ground pins. The device features an integrated, low electromagnetic interference (EMI), isolated dc-to-dc converter, which eliminates the need for an external isolated power supply. The isolation barrier provides immunity to system level electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards. The family of isolator devices features ±12 kV contact and ±15 kV air IEC61000-4-2 ESD protection on the RS-485 A, B, Y, and Z pins. The devices also features cable invert pins, allowing the user to quickly correct reversed cable connection on the A, B, Y, and Z bus pins while maintaining full receiver fail-safe performance.
Slew rate limited versions are available, which are optimized for low speed over long cable runs, and have a maximum data rate of 500 kbps. Half duplex and full duplex variants are available. The full duplex generics allow independent cable inversion of the driver and receiver for additional flexibility.
The Pending Products section provides additional preliminary information on the following pending products: ADM2861E, ADM2863E, and ADM2865E (see Table 21 on the datasheet).
Table 17 on the datasheet shows the summary description of each generic.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) networks
- Industrial field buses
- Building automation
- Utility networks
- Energy meters
Markets & Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Security and Surveillance
- Building Technology
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.