Features and Benefits
- EEMBC ULPMark™-CP score: 245.5
- Ultra low power active and hibernate mode
- Active mode dynamic current: 30 μA/MHz (typical)
- Flexi mode: 300 μA (typical)
- Hibernate mode: 750 nA (typical)
- Shutdown mode: 60 nA (typical)
- ARM Cortex-M3 processor with MPU
- Up to 26 MHz with serial wire debug interface
- Power management
- Single-supply operation (VBAT): 1.74 V to 3.6 V
- Optional buck converter for improved efficiency
- Memory options
- 128 kB/256 kB of embedded flash memory with ECC
- 4 kB of cache memory to reduce active power
- 64 kB of configurable system SRAM with parity up to 32 kB of SRAM retained in hibernate mode
- Watchdog with dedicated on-chip oscillator
- Hardware CRC with programmable polynomial
- Multiparity bit protected SRAM
- ECC protected embedded flash
- User code protection
- Hardware cryptographic accelerator supporting AES-128, AES-256, and SHA-256
- Digital peripherals
- 3 SPI interfaces to enable glueless interface to sensors, radios, and converters
- I2C and UART interfaces
- SPORT for natively interfacing with converters and radios
- Programmable GPIOs (44 in LFCSP and 34 in WLCSP)
- 3 general-purpose timers with PWM support
- RTC and FLEX_RTC with SensorStrobe and time stamping
- Programmable beeper
- 25-channel DMA controller
- Clocking features
- 26 MHz clock: on-chip oscillator, external crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz clock: on-chip oscillator, low power crystal oscillator
- Integrated PLL with programmable divider
- Analog peripherals
- 12-bit SAR ADC, 1.8 MSPS, 8 channels, and digital comparator
The ADuCM3027/ADuCM3029 microcontroller units (MCUs) are ultra low power microcontroller systems with integrated power management for processing, control, and connectivity. The MCU system is based on the ARM® Cortex®-M3 processor, a collection of digital peripherals, embedded SRAM and flash memory, and an analog subsystem which provides clocking, reset, and power management capability in addition to an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) subsystem. For a feature comparison across the ADuCM3027/ADuCM3029 product offerings, see Table 1.
|Device||Embedded Flash Memory Size|
System features that are common across the ADuCM3027/ADuCM3029/ADuCM3029-1/ADuCM3029-2 MCUs include the following:
- Up to 26 MHz ARM Cortex-M3 processor
- Up to 256 kB of embedded flash memory with error correction code (ECC)
- Optional 4 kB cache for lower active power
- 64 kB system SRAM with parity
- Power management unit (PMU)
- Multilayer advanced microcontroller bus architecture (AMBA) bus matrix
- Central direct memory access (DMA) controller
- Beeper interface
- Serial port (SPORT), serial peripheral interface (SPI), inter-integrated circuit (I2C), and universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UART) peripheral interfaces
- Cryptographic hardware support with advanced encryption standard (AES) and secure hash algorithm (SHA)-256
- Real-time clock (RTC)
- General-purpose and watchdog timers
- Programmable general-purpose input/output (GPIO) pins
- Hardware cyclic redundancy check (CRC) calculator with programmable generator polynomial
- Power-on reset (POR) and power supply monitor (PSM)
- 12-bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADC
- True random number generator (TRNG)
To support low dynamic and hibernate power management, the ADuCM3027/ADuCM3029 MCUs provide a collection of power modes and features, such as dynamic and software controlled clock gating and power gating.
The ADuCM3029-1 and ADuCM3029-2 MCU models share the same features and functionality as that of the ADuCM3029 MCU. All specifications pertaining to the ADuCM3027 and ADuCM3029 are also applicable to the ADuCM3029-1 and ADuCM3029-2.
For full details on the ADuCM3027/ADuCM3029 MCUs, refer to the ADuCM302x Ultra Low Power ARM Cortex-M3 MCU with Integrated Power Management Hardware Reference Manual.
- Industry leading ultralow power consumption.
- Robust operation, including full voltage monitoring in deep sleep modes, ECC support on flash, and parity error detection on SRAM memory.
- Leading edge security. Fast encryption provides read protection to customer algorithms. Write protection prevents device reprogramming by unauthorized code.
- Failure detection of 32 kHz LFXTAL via interrupt.
- SensorStrobe™ for precise time synchronized sampling of external sensors. Works in hibernate mode, resulting in drastic current reduction in system solutions. Current consumption reduces by 10 times when using, for example, the ADXL363 accelerometer. Software intervention is not required after setup. No pulse drift due to software execution.
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Electronic shelf label (ESL) and signage
- Smart infrastructure
- Smart lock
- Asset tracking
- Smart machine, smart metering, smart building, smart city, and smart agriculture
- Fitness and clinical
- Machine learning and neural network
Markets and Technologies
- Vital Signs Measurements
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Measurement
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) Measurement
- Non-Invasive Blood Pressure (NIBP)
- Respiration Rate Measurement
- Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) Measurement
- Disease Management & Wellness
- Body Composition, Hydration, Bioimpedance Analysis
- Insulin Pump
- Activity Tracking & Fall Detection
- Wearable Health Monitor
- Life Sciences & Medical Instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EV-COG-AD3029 is a development platform for Analog Devices Ultra Low Power technology across ADI's MCU and RF transceiver portfolio. The board uses CrossCore Embedded Studio, an open source Eclipse based Interactive Development Environment (IDE), which can be downloaded free of charge. The platform contains many hardware and software example projects to make it easier for customers to prototype and create solutions for Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
A Cog development system may consist of these
- A MCU Cog that highlights the differentiating values of ADI ULP portfolio.
- An optional add-on board (Gear) for application specific use case.
- An optional wireless board (RF-Cog) for connectivity
The Cog development system objective is to rapidly create a development/prototyping capability focused on industrial, professional, pro-sumer customers, with a flexible radio, microprocessor, sensor and application development environment.
Features & Benefits
- On-board ultra-low power ARM Cortex M3 MCU
- No external Debugger/Emulator Tools required
- Small form factor (75X35 mm )
- Multiple power options – USB, Coincell, External, Li-Ion
- Onboard peripherals – Accelerometer, Temperature sensor
- Compatible with ADI RF daughter cards, and RF modules
- Compatible with ADI application add-on boards (Gears)
- Expansion Connectors and Jumpers for providing external access to all MCU signals
The EVAL-ADICUP3029 is an Arduino and PMOD compatible form factor development board that includes Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity. The board uses CrossCore Embedded Studio, an open source Eclipse based Interactive Development Environment (IDE), which can be downloaded free of charge. The platform contains many hardware and software example projects to make it easier for customers to prototype and create connected systems and solutions for Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
The EVAL-ADICUP3029 uses the ADuCM3029 ultra low power Arm Cortex-M3 processor as the main device on board. The ADuCM3029 is an integrated mixed-signal microcontroller system for processing, control and connectivity.
Features & Benefits
- Compatible with Arduino, PMOD and Grove form factors
- Ultra-low Power ARM Cortex M3
- Open Source IDE Tools
- No External Debugger/Emulator Tools needed
Application Notes (7)
User Guides (5)
Software & Systems Requirements
Operating Systems and Middleware
Software Development Tools
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (12)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.