New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Two isolated, Σ-Δ analog-to-digital converters (simultaneously sampling ADCs)
- Integrated isoPower, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- On-chip temperature sensor
- 4-wire SPI serial interface
- Up to 4 ADE7912/ADE7913 devices clocked from a single crystal or an external clock
- Synchronization of multiple ADE7912/ADE7913 devices
- ±31.25 mV peak input range for current channel
- ±500 mV peak input range for voltage channels
- Reference drift: 10 ppm/°C typical
- Single 3.3 V supply
- 20-lead, wide-body SOIC package with 8.3 mm creepage
- Operating temperature: −40°C to +85°C
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition
– 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
– IEC 61010-1: 300 V rms
- VDE certificate of conformity
– DIN VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
– VIORM = 846 V peak
- UL recognition
The ADE7912/ADE7913 are isolated, 3-channel Σ-Δ ADCs for a variety of applications such as shunt-based polyphase meters, power quality monitoring, solar inverters, process monitoring and protective devices. Data and power isolation are based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. The ADE7912 features two ADCs, and the ADE7913 features three ADCs. The current ADC provides a 67 dB signal-to-noise ratio over a 3 kHz signal bandwidth, whereas the voltage ADCs provide a SNR of 72 dB over the same bandwidth. One channel is dedicated to measuring the voltage across a shunt when the shunt is used for current sensing. Up to two additional channels are dedicated to measuring voltages, which are usually sensed using resistor dividers. One voltage channel can be used to measure the temperature of the die via an internal sensor. The ADE7913 includes three channels: one current and two voltage channels. The ADE7912 has one voltage channel but is otherwise identical to the ADE7913.
- Shunt-based polyphase meters
- Power quality monitoring
- Solar inverters
- Process monitoring
- Protective devices
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Industrial PLCs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADE7913 evaluation kit includes three boards that together allow the performance of the ADE7913 isolated sigma delta ADC to be evaluated in a context very close to an actual three phase meter implementation. The ADE7913 evaluation kit includes evaluation software, written in LabVIEW®, that provides access to the registers of every ADE7913 using a PC interface.
The file contains the evaluation board schematic, the bill of materials of the board, the layout files and the ADE7913 evaluation software installation files.
Features & Benefits
- This board is also used to Evaluate the ADE7912 Product.
Application Notes (5)
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Customer Case Studies (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.