New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Low offset voltage: 60 μV maximum at 25°C (8-lead and 14-lead SOIC)
- Low offset voltage drift: 1 μV/°C maximum (8-lead and 14-lead SOIC)
- Low input bias current: 1 nA maximum at 25°C
- Low voltage noise density: 8 nV/√Hz typical at 1 kHz
- Large signal voltage gain (AVO): 100 dB minimum over full supply voltage and operating temperature
- Input overvoltage protection to 32 V above and below the supply voltage rail
- Integrated EMI filter
- 70 dB typical rejection at 1000 MHz
- 90 dB typical rejection at 2400 MHz
- Rail-to-rail output swing
- Low supply current: 500 μA typical per amplifier
- Wide bandwidth
- Gain bandwidth product (AV = 100): 3.5 MHz typical
- Unity-gain crossover (AV = 1): 3.5 MHz typical
- −3 dB bandwidth (AV = 1): 6 MHz typical
- Dual-supply operation
- Specified at ±5 V to ±15 V, operates over ±2.5 V to ±18 V
- Unity-gain stable
- No phase reversal
- Long-term offset voltage drift (10,000 hours): 2 μV typical
- Temperature hysteresis: 2 μV typical
The ADA4177-1 single-channel, ADA4177-2 dual-channel, and ADA4177-4 quad-channel amplifiers feature low offset voltage (2 μV typical) and drift (1 μV/°C maximum), low input bias current, low noise, and low current consumption (500 μA typical). Outputs are stable with capacitive loads of more than 1000 pF with no external compensation.
The inputs of the ADA4177-1/ADA4177-2/ADA4177-4 feature outstanding precision amplifier robustness, providing input protection against signal excursions 32 V beyond either supply, as well as 70 dB of rejection for electromagnetic interference (EMI) at 1000 MHz.
Applications for these amplifiers include sensor signal conditioning (such as thermocouples, resistor thermal detectors (RTDs), and strain gages), process control front-end amplifiers, and precision diode power measurement in optical and wireless transmission systems.
The ADA4177-1/ADA4177-2/ADA4177-4 operate over the −40°C to +125°C industrial temperature range. The ADA4177-1/ADA4177-2 are available in an 8-lead SOIC package and an 8-lead MSOP package. The ADA4177-4 is available in a 14-lead TSSOP and a 14-lead SOIC package.
- Wireless base station control circuits
- Optical network control circuits
- Sensors and controls
- Thermocouples, RTDs, strain gages, shunt current measurements
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The Universal Precision Op Amp Evaluation Boards have been designed and optimized for many circuit configurations allowing the users to best suit their applications. These boards are all RoHs Compliant. See references below on what board to order by lead count and package.
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1KSZ (Single 5-Lead SC70) KS-5
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RJZ (Single 5-Lead SOT 23) RJ-5
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RMZ (Single 8-Lead MSOP) RM-8
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RZ (Single 8-Lead SOIC) R-8
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
An online tool to illustrate range, gain and accuracy issues with Op Amp.
Use the Analog Filter Wizard to design low-pass, high-pass, or band-pass filters with actual op amps in minutes. As you progress through the design process, you can observe the characteristics of your filter design from ideal specifications to real world circuit behavior. Quickly evaluate the tradeoffs in op amp specifications - including gain-bandwidth, noise, and supply current – to determine the best filter design for your requirements.
Technical Articles (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.