Features and Benefits
- Ultrawide common-mode range: −VS – 0.1V to −VS + 70 V
- Wide supply voltage range (VSY): +3 V to +50 V (±25 V)
- Low supply current: 165 μA (typical)
- Low input offset voltage: 25 μV maximum
- Low input offset voltage drift: 0.4 μV/°C maximum
- Low voltage noise:
- 1/f noise corner: 6 Hz
- 400 nV p-p at 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz
- 17 nV/√Hz at 100 Hz (en)
- High speed
- GBP: 1 MHz
- Slew rate: 0.85 V/μs
- Low power shutdown: <20 μA
- Low input bias current: 700 pA maximum
- High open-loop voltage gain: 120 dB
- CMRR, PSRR: 123 dB (minimum)
- Input overdrive tolerant with no phase reversal
- 4 kV HBM and 2 kV CDM
- Wide temperature range: −55°C to +150°C
- 6-lead TSOT package
The ADA4098-1 is a robust, precision, rail-to-rail input/output operational amplifier (op amp) with inputs that can operate from −VS to +VS and beyond, which is referred to in this document as Over-The-Top. The device has offset voltages <25 μV and input bias currents (IB) <700 pA and can operate on single or split supplies that range from 3 V to 50 V. The ADA4098-1 draws 165 μA of quiescent current.
The ADA4098-1 Over-The-Top input stage has robust input protection features for abusive environments. The inputs can tolerate up to 80 V of differential voltage without damage or degradation to dc accuracy. The operating input common-mode range extends from rail-to-rail and beyond; up to 70 V > –VS, independent of the +VS supply.
The ADA4098-1 is unity-gain stable and can drive loads requiring up to 20 mA, as well as driving capacitive loads as large as 200 pF. The amplifier is available with low power shutdown.
The ADA4098-1 is available in the standard, 6-lead, thin small outline transistor (TSOT) package.
- Industrial sensor conditioning
- Supply current sensing
- Battery and power supply monitoring
- Front-end amplifiers in abusive environments
- 4 mA to 20 mA transmitters
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.