Features and Benefits
- Ultrawide common-mode input range: −VS − 0.1 V to −VS + 70 V
- Wide power supply voltage range: +3 V to +50 V (to ±25 V for PSRR)
- Low power supply current: 165 μA (typical)
- Low input offset voltage: ±30 μV maximum
- Low input offset voltage drift: ±0.5 μV/°C maximum (B grade)
- Low input voltage noise
- 6 Hz typical 1/f noise corner
- 400 nV p-p typical at 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz
- 17 nV/√Hz typical at 100 Hz
- High speed
- GBP: 1.05 MHz typical for fTEST = 2.5 kHz
- Slew rate: 0.85 V/μs typical at ΔVOUT = 25 V
- Low power supply current shutdown: 20 μA maximum
- Low input offset current: ±700 pA maximum
- Large signal voltage gain: 126 dB minimum for ΔVOUT = 4 V
- CMRR: 123 dB minimum at VCM = −0.1 V to +70 V
- PSRR: 123 dB minimum at VSY = +3 V to ±25 V
- Input overdrive tolerant with no phase reversal
- ±4 kV HBM and ±1.25 kV FICDM
- Wide temperature range: −55°C to +150°C (H grade)
- 6-lead TSOT package
The ADA4098-1 is a robust, precision, rail-to-rail input and output operational amplifier (op amp) with inputs that operate from −VS to +VS and beyond, which is referred to in this data sheet as Over-The-Top™. The device features offset voltages of <30 μV, input bias currents (IB) of <700 pA, and can operate on single or split supplies that range from 3 V to 50 V. The ADA4098-1 draws 165 μA of supply current.
The ADA4098-1 Over-The-Top input stage has robust input protection features for abusive environments. The inputs can tolerate up to 80 V of differential voltage without damage or degradation to dc accuracy. The operating common-mode input range extends from rail-to-rail and beyond, up to 70 V > –VS, independent of the +VS supply.
The ADA4098-1 is unity-gain stable and can drive loads requiring up to 20 mA. The device can also drive capacitive loads as large as 200 pF. The amplifier is available with low power shutdown.
The ADA4098-1 is available in a standard, 6-lead, thin small outline transistor (TSOT) package.
- Industrial sensor conditioning
- Supply current sensing
- Battery and power supply monitoring
- Front-end amplifiers in abusive environments
- 4 mA to 20 mA transmitters
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADA4098-1HUJZ evaluates the ADA4098-1 6-lead, thin small outline transistor (TSOT), robust Over-The-Top™ precision operational amplifier (op amp). The EVAL-ADA4098-1HUJZ is a prepopulated board using a gain of 1 configuration.
The EVAL-ADA4098-1HUJZ design allows simplified and efficient use. The EVAL-ADA4098-1HUJZ has edge mounted Subminiature Version A (SMA) connectors on the inputs and outputs to allow efficient connection to test equipment or other circuits. Bulk test points are also incorporated as an alternative option to be used for the inputs and outputs. The optimized EVAL-ADA4098-1HUJZ ground plane, component placement, and power supply allow maximum circuit flexibility and performance. The EVAL-ADA4098-1HUJZ combines surface-mount technology (SMT) with almost all 0805 size components to provide simplified installation and the option to replace and solder when needed, except for the bypass capacitors (C1 to C4) that are fixed 0603 sized. The EVAL-ADA4098-1HUJZ also has unpopulated resistor and capacitor pads that provide the user with options and flexibility to implement different application circuits and configurations.
Refer to the ADA4098-1 data sheet for full specifications, details on device operation, and application circuit configurations. Consult the data sheet in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-ADA4098-1HUJZ.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.