Features and Benefits
- 1 GSPS internal clock speed (up to 400 MHz analog output)
- Integrated 1 GSPS, 14-bit DAC
- 0.23 Hz or better frequency resolution
- Phase noise ≤ −125 dBc/Hz at 1 kHz offset (400 MHz carrier)
- Excellent dynamic performance with >80 dB narrow-band SFDR
- Serial input/output (I/O) control
- Automatic linear or arbitrary frequency, phase, and amplitude sweep capability
- 8 frequency and phase offset profiles
- Sin(x)/(x) correction (inverse sinc filter)
- 1.8 V and 3.3 V power supplies
- Software and hardware controlled power-down
- 100-lead TQFP_EP package
- Integrated 1024 word × 32-bit RAM
- PLL REFCLK multiplier
- Parallel datapath interface
- Internal oscillator can be driven by a single crystal
- Phase modulation capability
- Amplitude modulation capability
- Multichip synchronization
The AD9910 is a direct digital synthesizer (DDS) featuring an integrated 14-bit DAC and supporting sample rates up to 1 GSPS. The AD9910 employs an advanced, proprietary DDS technology that provides a significant reduction in power consumption without sacrificing performance. The DDS/DAC combination forms a digitally programmable, high frequency, analog output synthesizer capable of generating a frequency agile sinusoidal waveform at frequencies up to 400 MHz.
The user has access to the three signal control parameters that control the DDS: frequency, phase, and amplitude. The DDS provides fast frequency hopping and frequency tuning resolution with its 32-bit accumulator. With a 1 GSPS sample rate, the tuning resolution is ~0.23 Hz. The DDS also enables fast phase and amplitude switching capability.
The AD9910 is controlled by programming its internal control registers via a serial I/O port. The AD9910 includes an integrated static RAM to support various combinations of frequency, phase, and/or amplitude modulation. The AD9910 also supports a user defined, digitally controlled, digital ramp mode of operation. In this mode, the frequency, phase, or amplitude can be varied linearly over time. For more advanced modulation functions, a high speed parallel data input port is included to enable direct frequency, phase, amplitude, or polar modulation.
The AD9910 is specified to operate over the extended industrial temperature range.
- Agile local oscillator (LO) frequency synthesis
- Programmable clock generators
- FM chirp source for radar and scanning systems
- Test and measurement equipment
- Acousto-optic device drivers
- Polar modulators
- Fast frequency hopping
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9910 is a 1 GSPS DDS with a 14-bit DAC.
The evaluation board software provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for easy communication with the device along with many user-friendly features such as the mouse-over effect.
Features & Benefits
- Full-featured evaluation board for the AD9910
- PC evaluation software for control and measurement of the AD9910
- USB interface
- Graphic user interface (GUI) software with frequency sweep capability for board control and data analysis
- Factory tested and ready to use
Application Notes (24)
Technical Articles (22)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.