Features and Benefits
- Low power: 1.0 W @ 1 GSPS, 600 mW @ 500 MSPS, full operating conditions
- SFDR = 78 dBc to fOUT = 100 MHz
- Single carrier WCDMA ACLR = 79 dBc @ 80 MHz IF
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA, RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Novel 2×, 4×, and 8× interpolator/coarse complex modulator allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth
- Auxiliary DACs allow control of external VGA and offset control
- Multiple chip synchronization interface
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Digital inverse sinc filter
- 100-lead, exposed paddle TQFP package
The AD9776/AD9778/AD9779 are dual, 12-/14-/16-bit, high dynamic range, digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that provide a sample rate of 1 GSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. They include features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, and gain and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators such as the AD8349. A serial peripheral interface (SPI®) provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The devices are manufactured on an advanced 0.18 μm CMOS process and operate on 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 1.0 W. They are enclosed in 100-lead TQFP packages.
- Ultralow noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- The current outputs are easily configured for various single-ended or differential circuit topologies.
- CMOS data input interface with adjustable set up and hold.
- Novel 2×, 4×, and 8× interpolator/coarse complex modulator allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth.
WCDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMax, GSM
Data Sheet, Rev. A, 3/07
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD-DAC-FMC-ADP adapter board allows any of Analog Devices' DPG2-compatiable High-Speed DAC Evaluation Boards to be used on a Xilinx® evaluation board with a FMC connector. The adapter board uses the Low Pin Count (LPC) version of the FMC connector, so it can be used on either LPC or HPC hosts (such as the ML605 or SP605).
For a list of compatible evaluation boards, please see the "DPG2" information on our Data Pattern Generator (DPG) High-Speed DAC Evaluation Platform page.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.