Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V supply operation
- Low power: 150 mW/channel at 125 MSPS, 2 V p-p input range
- SNR/SFDR at 69.5 MHz
- 77.5 dBFS/88 dBc, 2.0 V p-p input range
- 79.3 dBFS/84 dBc, 2.8 V p-p input range
- DNL = ±0.7 LSB; INL = ±4.0 LSB (typical, 2.0 V p-p input span)
- DNL = ±0.7 LSB; INL = ±3.4 LSB (typical, 2.8 V p-p input span)
- Serial LVDS, 2 data lanes per ADC channel
- 500 MHz full power analog bandwidth
- Serial port control
- Full chip and individual channel power-down modes
- Flexible bit orientation
- See datasheet for additional features
Product DetailsThe AD9655 is a dual, 16-bit, 125 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with an on-chip sample-and-hold circuit designed for low cost, low power, small size, and ease of use. The product operates at a conversion rate of up to 125 MSPS and is optimized for outstanding dynamic performance and low power in applications where a small package size is critical.
The ADC requires a single 1.8 V power supply and an LVPECL-/ CMOS-/LVDS-compatible sample rate clock for full performance operation. External reference or driver components are not required for many applications.
The ADC automatically multiplies the sample rate clock for the appropriate LVDS serial data rate. A data clock output (DCO) for capturing data on the output and a frame clock output (FCO) for signaling a new output byte are provided. Individual channel power-down is supported.
The AD9655 typically consumes less than 2 mW in SPI powerdown mode. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
The AD9655 is available in a RoHS-compliant, 32-lead LFCSP. It is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. This device is protected by a U.S. patent.
- Small Footprint. Two ADCs are contained in a small, spacesaving package.
- Pin compatible to the AD9645 14-bit and AD9635 12-bit dual ADCs.
- Ease of use. A DCO operates at frequencies of up to 500 MHz and supports double data rate (DDR) operation.
- User Flexibility. The SPI control offers a wide range of flexible features to meet specific system requirements.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers
- GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE, CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- Broadband data applications
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand held scope meters
- Portable medical imaging
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9655-125EBZ is an evaluation board for the AD9655, dual 16-bit ADC. This reference design provides the support circuitry to operate the device in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to interface directly with the HSC-ADC-EVALC data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The VisualAnalog software package, which is used to interface with the device's hardware, allows users to download captured data for analysis with a user-friendly graphical interface. The SPIController software package is also compatible with this hardware, and allows the user to access the SPI programmable features of the AD9655.
The AD9655 data sheet provides additional information related to device configuration and performance, and should be consulted when using these tools. All documents and VisualAnalog and SPIController are available at the High Speed ADC Evaluation Boards page. For additional information or questions, please email email@example.com.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.