Features and Benefits
- SNR = 60.1 dBFS @ fIN up to 70 MHz @
- ENOB of 9.7 @ fIN up to 70 MHz @ 300 MSPS (−1.0 dBFS)
- SFDR = −80 dBc @ fIN up to 70 MHz @ 300 MSPS (−1.0 dBFS)
- Excellent linearity
DNL = ±0.1 LSB typical
INL = ±0.2 LSB typical
- LVDS at 300 MSPS (ANSI-644 levels)
- 700 MHz full power analog bandwidth
- On-chip reference, no external decoupling required
- Integrated input buffer and track-and-hold
- Low power dissipation
437 mW @ 300 MSPS—LVDS SDR mode
410 mW @ 300 MSPS—LVDS DDR mode
- Programmable input voltage range
1.0 V to 1.5 V, 1.25 V nominal
- 1.8 V analog and digital supply operation
- Selectable output data format (offset binary, twos complement, Gray code)
The AD9211 is a 10-bit monolithic sampling analog-to-digital converter optimized for high performance, low power, and ease of use. The product operates at up to a 300 MSPS conversion rate and is optimized for outstanding dynamic performance in wideband carrier and broadband systems. All necessary functions, including a track-and-hold (T/H) and voltage reference, are included on the chip to provide a complete signal conversion solution.
The ADC requires a 1.8 V analog voltage supply and a differential clock for full performance operation. The digital outputs are LVDS (ANSI-644) compatible and support either twos complement, offset binary format, or Gray code. A data clock output is available for proper output data timing.
Fabricated on an advanced CMOS process, the AD9211 is available in a 56-lead LFCSP, specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- High Performance—Maintains 60.1 dBFS SNR @ 300 MSPS with a 70 MHz input.
- Low Power—Consumes only 410 mW @ 300 MSPS.
- Ease of Use—LVDS output data and output clock signal allow interface to current FPGA technology. The on-chip reference and sample-and-hold provide flexibility in system design. Use of a single 1.8 V supply simplifies system power supply design.
- Serial Port Control—Standard serial port interface supports various product functions, such as data formatting, disabling the clock duty cycle stabilizer, power-down, gain adjust, and output test pattern generation.
- Pin-Compatible Family—12-bit pin-compatible family offered as AD9230.
- Wireless and wired broadband communications
- Cable reverse path
- Communications test equipment
- Radar and satellite subsystems
- Power amplifier linearization
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD9211-300EBZ is an evaluation board for the AD9211, single 10-bit ADC. This reference design provides all of the support circuitry to operate devices in their various modes and configurations, It is designed to interface directly with the HSC-ADC-EVALCZ data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The Visual Analog software package, which is used to interface with the device’s hardware, allows users to download captured data for analysis with a user-friendly graphical interface. The SPI controller software package is also compatible with this hardware and allows the user to access the SPI programmable features of the AD9211.
The AD9211 data sheet provides additional information related to device configuration and performance and should be consulted when using these tools. All documents and Visual Analog and SPI Controller are available at the High Speed ADC Evaluation Boards page. For additional information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9211
- SPI interface for setup and control
- External, on-board oscillator, or AD9517 clocking option
- Balun/transformer or amplifier input drive option
- LDO regulator or switching power supply options
- VisualAnalog® and SPI controller software interfaces
The HSC-ADC-EVALCZ high speed converter evaluation platform uses an FPGA based buffer memory board to capture blocks of digital data from the Analog Devices high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC) evaluation boards. The board is connected to the PC through a USB port and is used with VisualAnalog® to quickly evaluate the performance of high speed ADCs. The evaluation kit is easy to set up. Additional equipment needed includes an Analog Devices high speed ADC evaluation board, a signal source, and a clock source. Once the kit is connected and powered, the evaluation is enabled instantly on the PC.
Features & Benefits
- 64kB FIFO Depth
- Works with single and multi-channel ADCs
- Use with VisualAnalog® software
- Based on Virtex-4 FPGA
- May require adaptor to interface with some ADC eval boards
- Allows programming of SPI control Up to 644 MSPS SDR / 800MSPS DDR Encode Rates on each channel
- DDR Encode Rates on each channel
Documentation & Resources
AN-905: VisualAnalog™ Converter Evaluation Tool Version 1.0 User Manual8/18/2020
AN-878: High Speed ADC SPI Control Software (Rev. A)3/20/2018
AN-835: Understanding High Speed ADC Testing and Evaluation (Rev. B)5/12/2015
AN-501: Aperture Uncertainty and ADC System Performance (Rev. A)2/14/2015
AN-282: Fundamentals of Sampled Data Systems2/14/2015
AN-756: Sampled Systems and the Effects of Clock Phase Noise and Jitter (Rev. 0)2/14/2015
AN-827: A Resonant Approach to Interfacing Amplifiers to Switched-Capacitor ADCs (Rev. 0)2/14/2015
AN-935: Designing an ADC Transformer-Coupled Front End (Rev. 0)2/14/2015
AN-742: Frequency Domain Response of Switched-Capacitor ADCs (Rev. C)2/14/2015
AN-345: Grounding for Low-and-High-Frequency Circuits2/14/2015
AN-586: LVDS Outputs for High Speed A/D Converters (Rev. 0)2/14/2015
AN-1142: Techniques for High Speed ADC PCB Layout (Rev. 0)2/2/2012
AN-737: How ADIsimADC Models an ADC (Rev. B)11/9/2007
AN-807: Multicarrier WCDMA Feasibility (Rev. 0)11/9/2007
AN-808: Multicarrier CDMA2000 Feasibility (Rev. 0)11/9/2007
AN-812: MicroController-Based Serial Port Interface (SPI) Boot Circuit (Rev. 0)9/20/2006
AN-715: A First Approach to IBIS Models: What They Are and How They Are Generated (Rev. 0)12/14/2004
AN-741: Little Known Characteristics of Phase Noise (Rev. 0)11/29/2004
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9211 IBIS Models
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.