Features and Benefits
- DAC update rate: up to 5.7 GSPS
- Direct RF synthesis at 2.85 GSPS data rate
- DC to 1.425 GHz in baseband mode
- DC to 1.0 GHz in 2× interpolation mode
- 1.425 GHz to 4.2 GHz in Mix-Mode
- Bypassable 2× interpolation
- Excellent dynamic performance
- Supports DOCSIS 3.0 wideband ACLR/harmonic performance
- 8 QAM carriers: ACLR > 65 dBc
- Industry-leading single/multicarrier IF or RF synthesis
- 4-carrier W-CDMA ACLR at 2457.6 MSPS
- fOUT = 900 MHz, ACLR = 71 dBc (baseband mode)
- fOUT = 2100 MHz, ACLR = 68 dBc (Mix-Mode)
- fOUT = 2700 MHz, ACLR = 67 dBc (Mix-Mode)
- 4-carrier W-CDMA ACLR at 2457.6 MSPS
- Dual-port LVDS and DHSTL data interface
- Up to 1.425 GSPS operation
- Source synchronous DDR clocking with parity bit
- Low power: 1.0 W at 2.85 GSPS (1.3 W at 5.7 GSPS
The AD9119/AD9129 are high performance, 11-/14-bit RF digital-to-analog converters (DACs) supporting data rates up to 2.85 GSPS. The DAC core is based on a quad-switch architecture that enables dual-edge clocking operation, effectively increasing the DAC update rate to 5.7 GSPS when configured for Mix-Mode™ or 2× interpolation. The high dynamic range and bandwidth enable multicarrier generation up to 4.2 GHz.
In baseband mode, wide bandwidth capability combines with high dynamic range to support from 1 to 158 contiguous carriers for CATV infrastructure applications. A choice of two optional 2× interpolation filters is available to simplify the postreconstruction filter by effectively increasing the DAC update rate by a factor of 2. In Mix-Mode operation, the AD9119/AD9129 can reconstruct RF carriers in the second and third Nyquist zone while still maintaining exceptional dynamic range up to 4.2 GHz. The high performance NMOS DAC core features a quad-switch architecture that enables industry-leading direct RF synthesis performance with minimal loss in output power. The output current can be programmed over a range of 9.5 mA to 34.4 mA.
The AD9119/AD9129 include several features that may further simplify system integration. A dual-port, source synchronous LVDS interface simplifies the data interface to a host FPGA/ASIC. A differential frame/parity bit is also included to monitor the integrity of the interface. On-chip delay locked loops (DLLs) optimize timing between different clock domains.
A serial peripheral interface (SPI) configures the AD9119/ AD9129 and monitors the status of readback registers. The AD9119/AD9129 are manufactured on a 0.18 μm CMOS process and operates from +1.8 V and −1.5 V supplies. It is supplied in a 160-ball chip scale package ball grid array.
- High dynamic range and signal reconstruction bandwidth support RF signal synthesis of up to 4.2 GHz.
- Dual-port interface with double data rate (DDR) LVDS data receivers supports 2850 MSPS maximum conversion rate.
- Manufactured on a CMOS process; a proprietary switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- Broadband communications systems
- Wireless infrastructure: W-CDMA, LTE, point-to-point
- Instrumentation, automatic test equipment (ATE)
- Radar, jammers
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD9129 Evaluation Board connects to the Analog Devices Digital Pattern Generator (DPG2) to allow for quick evaluation of the AD9129. The DPG2 allows the user to create many types of digital vectors and transmit these at speed to the AD9129 in any of the AD9129 operating modes. The AD9129 evaluation board is configured over USB with accompanying PC software.
The ADS7-V2 Evaluation Board was developed to support the evaluation of Analog Devices high speed A/D converters, D/A converters and Transceivers with JESD204B bit rates up to 13.1 Gbps. The Quick Start Wiki site listed below provides a high level overview of the platform. In addition, each use case of the board has its own section (e.g. Using the ADS7-V2 for High Speed A/D Converter Evaluation). The ADS7-V2 is intended to be used only with specified Analog Devices Evaluation Boards. The ADS7-V2 is not intended to be used as a development platform, and no support is available for standalone operation. Please refer to Xilinx and its approved distributors for FPGA Development Kits
Features & Benefits
- Based on Virtex-7 FPGA
- One (1) FMC-HPC connector
- Ten (10) 13.1 Gbps transceivers supported
- Two (2) DDR3-1866 DIMMs
- Simple USB port interface (2.0)
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.