Features and Benefits
- Fast throughput rate: 200 kSPS
- Specified for AVDD of 2.7 V to 5.25 V
- Low power
- 3.6 mW max at 200 kSPS with 3 V supply
- 7.5 mW max at 200 kSPS with 5 V supply
- 4 (single-ended) inputs with sequencer
- Wide input bandwidth
- 70 dB Min SNR at 50 kHz input frequency
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management
- No pipeline delays
- High speed serial interface SPI® -/QSPI™-/ MICROWIRE™-/DSP-compatible
- Shutdown mode: 0.5 μA max
- 16-lead TSSOP package
- Qualified for automotive applications
- Download AD7923-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/12647 DSCC Drawing Number
Product DetailsThe AD7923 is a 12-bit, high speed, low power, 4-channel, successive-approximation (SAR) ADC. It operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.25 V power supply and features throughput rates up to 200 kSPS. It contains a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies in excess of 8 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled by CS and the serial clock signal, allowing the device to easily interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS and conversion is also initiated at this point.
The AD7923 uses advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at maximum throughput rates. At maximum throughput rates, it consumes 1.2 mA maximum with 3 V supplies and 1.5 mA maximum with 5 V supplies.
Through the configuration of the control register, the analog input range can be selected as 0 V to REFIN or 0 V to 2 × REFIN, with either straight binary or twos complement output coding. The AD7923 features four single-ended analog inputs with a channel sequencer to allow a preprogrammed selection of channels to be converted sequentially.
The conversion time for the AD7923 is determined by the serial clock, SCLK, frequency, since this is used as the master clock to control the conversion. The conversion time can be as short as 800 ns with a 20 MHz SCLK.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7923CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7923. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board.
AD7923 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For precision, low noise, low cost, single supply: AD8605, AD8615.
- For single supply, high speed, low power: AD8031, ADA4841-1, ADA4899-1.
- For low frequency and low bias current: ADA4627-1.
- For low distortion, low noise, dual supplies: AD8599.
Recommended Precison References - 2.5V
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.