Features and Benefits
- Throughput Rate: 250 kSPS
- Specified for VDD of 2.35 V to 5.25 V
- Low Power: 4 mW typ at 250 kSPS with 3 V Supplies 13.5 mW typ at 250 kSPS with 5 V Supplies
- No Pipeline Delays
- Flexible Power/Serial Clock Speed Management
- High Speed Serial Interface SPI®/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/DSP Compatible
- Standby Mode: 1 µA max
- 8-Lead TSOT Package
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD7911 / AD7921 are 10-bit and 12-bit, high speed, low power, 2-channel, successive-approximation ADCs respectively. The parts operate from a single 2.35 V to 5.25 V power supply and feature throughput rates up to 250 kSPS. The parts contain a low-noise, wide bandwidth track/hold amplifier, which can handle input frequencies in excess of 6 MHz. The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS and the conversion is also initiated at this point. There are no pipeline delays associated with the part.
The channel to be converted is selected through the DIN pin and the mode of operation is controlled by CS. The serial data stream from the DOUT pin has a channel identifier bit, which provides information about the converted channel.
The AD7911 / AD7921 use advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates.
The reference for the part is taken internally from VDD. This allows the widest dynamic input range to the ADC. Thus the analog input range for the part is 0 to VDD. The conversion rate is determined by the SCLK signal.
- 2-channel, 250 kSPS, 10-/12-bit ADCs in TSOT package.
- Low power consumption.
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management. The conversion rate is determined by the serial clock; conversion time is reduced when the serial clock speed is increased. The parts also feature a power-down mode to maximize power efficiency at lower throughput rates. Average power consumption is reduced when the power-down mode is used while not converting. Current consumption is 1 μA maximum and 50 nA typically when in power-down mode.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- No pipeline delay.
The parts feature a standard successive approximation ADC with accurate control of the sampling instant via a CS input and once-off conversion control.
- Battery-powered systems:
Personal digital assistants
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Data acquisition systems
- High speed modems
- Optical sensors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
AD7911 Companion Parts
Recommended Precision References
- For a low power, 2.5V Vdd supply: REF192, ADR421.
- For a low power, 5V Vdd supply: REF195.
- For a low power, 3V Vdd supply: REF193, ADR433.
Recommended Input Buffer Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.