Features and Benefits
- Specified for VDD of 2.35 V to 5.25 V
- Low Power:
3 mW typ at 250 KSPS with 3 V Supplies
12.5 mW typ at 250 KSPS with 5 V Supplies
- Wide Input Bandwidth:
70 dB SNR at 100 kHz Input Frequency
- Flexible Power/Serial Clock Speed Management
- Throughput Rate: 250 kSPS
- No Pipeline Delays
- High Speed Serial Interface SPI®/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/DSP Compatible
- Standby Mode: 1 µA max
- 6-Lead SC70 Package
- 8-Lead µSOIC Package
The AD7910 / AD7920 are 10-bit and 12-bit, high speed, low power, successive-approximation ADCs respectively. The parts operate from a single 2.35 V to 5.25 V power supply and feature throughput rates up to 250 kSPS. The parts contain a low-noise, wide bandwidth track/hold amplifier, which can handle input frequencies in excess of 6 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS and the conversion is also initiated at this point. There are no pipelined delays associated with the part.
The AD7910 / AD7920 use advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates.
The reference for the part is taken internally from VDD. This allows the widest dynamic input range to the ADC. Thus the analog input range for the part is 0 to VDD. The conversion rate is determined by the SCLK.
- 10-/12-bit ADCs in SC70 and MSOP packages.
- Low power consumption.
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management. The conversion rate is determined by the serial clock, allowing the conversion time to be reduced through the serial clock speed increase. This allows the average power consumption to be reduced when power-down mode is used while not converting. The part also features a power-down mode to maximize power efficiency at lower throughput rates. Current consumption is 1 μA maximum and 50 nA typically when in power-down mode.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- No pipeline delay. The parts feature a standard successive approximation ADC with accurate control of the sampling instant via a CS input and once-off conversion control.
- Battery-powered systems
Personal digital assistants
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Data acquisition systems
- High speed modems
- Optical sensors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7910CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7910. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board.
AD7910 Companion Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.