Features and Benefits
- 6 independent ADCs
- True bipolar analog inputs
- Pin-/software-selectable ranges: ±10 V, ±5 V
- Fast throughput rate: 250 kSPS
- iCMOS process technology
- Low power 140 mW at 250 kSPS with 5 V supplies
- Wide input bandwidth 86.5 dB SNR at 50 kHz input frequency
- On-chip reference and reference buffers
- Parallel, serial, and daisy-chain interface modes
- High speed serial interface SPI®-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE™-/DSP-compatible
- Standby mode: 100 µW maximum
- 64-lead LQFP
The AD7656/AD7657/AD7658 contain six 16-/14-/12-bit, fast, low power, successive approximation ADCs all in the one package that is designed on the iCMOS™ process (industrial CMOS). iCMOS is a process combining high voltage silicon with submicron CMOS and complementary bipolar technologies. It enables the development of a wide range of high performance analog ICs, capable of 33 V operation in a footprint that no previous generation of high voltage parts could achieve. Unlike analog ICs using conventional CMOS processes, iCMOS components can accept bipolar input signals while providing increased performance, which dramatically reduces power consumption and package size.
The AD7656/AD7657/AD7658 feature throughput rates up to 250 kSPS. The parts contain low noise, wide bandwidth, track-and-hold amplifiers that can handle input frequencies up to 12 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CONVST signals and an internal oscillator. Three CONVST pins allow independent, simultaneous sampling of the three ADC pairs. The AD7656/AD7657/AD7658 all have a high speed parallel and serial interface, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. In serial interface mode, the parts have a daisy-chain feature that allows multiple ADCs to connect to a single serial interface. The AD7656/ AD7657/AD7658 can accommodate true bipolar input signals in the ±4 × VREF range and ±2 × VREF range. The AD7656/ AD7657/AD7658 also contain an on-chip 2.5 V reference.
For reduced decoupling requirements visit the AD7657-1 product page
- Six 16-/14-/12-bit, 250 kSPS ADCs on board.
- Six true bipolar, high impedance analog inputs.
- Parallel and high speed serial interfaces.
- Power line monitoring systems
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Multi-axis positioning systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7657CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7657. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board.
AD7657 Companion Parts
Recommended Precison References - 2.5V
- For wide supply applications: AD780.
- For high output current applications: ADR431, REF192.
- For applications requiring the lowest noise performance and output trim adjust: ADR441.
- For cost sensitive applications: AD1582, ADR391.
Recommended Input Buffer Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.