New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- 16-bit ADC family
- Quad simultaneous sampling
- Fully differential analog inputs
- Wide common-mode range
- High throughput rate: 2 MSPS
- Buffered 2.5 V internal voltage reference (10 ppm/°C)
- On-chip oversampling function
- INL (maximum): 2 LSBs
- SNR (typical)
- 90.5 dB at VREF = 2.5 V
- 97.9 dB at RES = 1, OSR = 8× rolling average oversampling
- 2-bit resolution boost
- Out of range indicator (ALERT)
- High-speed serial interface
- −40°C to +125°C operation
- 4 mm × 4 mm, 24-lead LFCSP
The AD7389-4 a 16-bit, quad, simultaneous sampling, high speed, successive approximation register (SAR), analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that operates from a 3.0 V to 3.6 V power supply and features throughput rates up to 2 MSPS. The analog input type is differential, accepts a wide common-mode input voltage, and the analog inputs are sampled and converted on the falling edge of CS.
The AD7389-4 has on-chip oversampling blocks to improve dynamic range and reduce noise at lower bandwidths. The oversampling can boost up to two bits of added resolution. A buffered internal 2.5 V reference (10 ppm/°C) is included.
The conversion process and data acquisition use standard control inputs allowing for easy interfacing to microprocessors or digital signal processors (DSPs). The conversion result can clock out simultaneously via 4-wire mode for faster throughput or via 1-wire serial mode when slower throughput is allowed. The device is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, and 3.3 V interfaces, using the separate logic supply.
The AD7389-4 is available in a 24-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP) with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
- Motor control position feedback
- Motor control current sense
- Data acquisition systems
- Erbium doped fiber amplifier (EDFA) applications
- In phase and quadrature demodulation
- Quad simultaneous sampling and conversion.
- Pin-compatible product family.
- High throughput rate, 2 MSPS at 16-bit.
- Space-saving, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP.
- Integrated oversampling block to increase dynamic range, reduce noise and reduce SCLK speed requirements.
- Differential analog inputs with wide common-mode range.
- Small sampling capacitor reduces amplifier drive burden.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7380-4FMCZ is a fully-featured evaluation board designed to evaluate all features of the AD7380-4 analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The EVAL-AD7380-4FMCZ can be controlled by the high-speed, system demonstration platform, EVAL-SDP-H1 controller board via the 160-way system demonstration platform (SDP) connector, P7. The SDP-H1 board controls the EVAL-AD7380-4FMCZ through the USB port of the PC using the analysis, control, evaluation (ACE) software, which is available for download on the ACE software page. Note that the EVAL-AD7380-4FMCZ can also be used to evaluate the AD7389-4 by moving JP4 to Position 3 and removing R5 to select the internal reference. The EVAL-AD7380-4FMCZ can also be used to evaluate the AD7381-4 by adjusting the number of clock cycles in the software.
Complete specifications for the AD7380-4, AD7389-4, and AD7381-4 are provided in the AD7380-4, AD7389-4, and AD7381-4 data sheets. Consult the appropriate data sheet in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-AD7380-4FMCZ. Full details on the SDP-H1 board are available on the SDP-H1 product page. The comprehensive ACE user guide is available on the ACE software page.
Features & Benefits
- Fully featured evaluation board for testing multichannel, simultaneous sampling ADCs
- On-board reference, reference buffer, and ADC driver
- On-board power supplies
- Board-compatible, high speed system demonstration platform (SDP-H1) controller
- PC-based for control and data analysis
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.