Features and Benefits
- 16-bit, 14-bit, or 12-bit dual simultaneous sampling SAR ADC
- Single-ended analog inputs
- 4-channel with 2:1 multiplexers
- Channel sequencer mode
- High throughput rate of up to 4 MSPS
- SNR (typical)
- 87.5 dB (AD7386), VREF = 3.3 V external
- 84 dB (AD7387), VREF = 3.3 V external
- 73.8 dB (AD7388)
- 93 dB with OSR = 8, VREF = 2.5 V internal (AD7386)
- On-chip oversampling functions
- INL (typical)
- ±1.5 LSB (AD7386)
- ±0.5 LSB (AD7387)
- ±0.2 LSB (AD7388)
- Resolution boost function
- 2.5 V internal reference at 10 ppm/°C (maximum)
- Alert function
- −40°C to +125°C temperature range
- 16-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP
The AD7386/AD7387/AD7388 are 16-bit, 14-bit, and 12-bit dual, simultaneous sampling, high speed, successive approximation register (SAR), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that operate from a 3.0 V to 3.6 V power supply and feature throughput rates of up to 4 MSPS. The analog input types are single-ended and are sampled and converted on the falling edge of CS.
The AD7386/AD7387/AD7388 have an on-chip sequencer and integrated on-chip oversampling block to improve dynamic range and reduce noise at lower bandwidths. Abuffered internal 2.5 V reference is included. Alternatively, an external reference up to 3.3 V can be used. The conversion process and data acquisition use standard control inputs, allowing interfacing to microprocessors or digital signal processors (DSPs). The AD7386 is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, and 3.3 V interfaces by using the separate logic supply.
The AD7386/AD7387/AD7388 are available in a 16-lead LFCSP with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
- 4-channel, dual simultaneous sampling ADC.
- Pin-compatible product family.
- High 4 MSPS throughput rate.
- Space-saving 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP.
- Integrated oversampling block to increase dynamic range and SNR and to reduce SCLK speed requirements.
- Single-ended analog inputs.
- Small sampling capacitor reduces amplifier drive burden.
- Motor control position feedback
- Motor control current sense
- Power quality
- Data acquisition systems
- Erbium doped fiber amplifier (EDFA) applications
- Inphase and quadrature demodulation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7386FMCZ is a full featured evaluation board designed to evaluate all the features of the AD7386 analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The evaluation board can be controlled by the EVAL-SDP-CH1Z via the 160-way system demonstration platform connector, P7. The EVAL-SDP-CH1Z board controls the evaluation board through the USB port of the PC using the Analysis Control Evaluation (ACE) software, which is available for download from the ACE software page.
The EVAL-AD7386FMCZ can evaluate the AD7387, AD7388, AD4684, and AD4685 by using the AD738x ACE plugin found on the EVAL-AD7386FMCZ product page. The only difference is the number of SCLKs that clock out the conversion results, which is dependent on the resolution and throughput rate for each generic.
Complete specifications for the AD7386, AD7387, AD7388, AD4684, and AD4685 are provided in the AD7386/AD7387/AD7388 and AD4684/AD4685 data sheets. Consult these specifications in conjunction with the user guide when using the evaluation board. Full details on the EVAL-SDP-CH1Z are available on the SDP-H1 product page. The comprehensive ACE user guide is available on the ACE software page.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board multichannel, simultaneous sampling ADC
- On-board reference, reference buffer, and ADC driver
- On-board power supplies
- Board-compatible high speed system demonstration platform (EVAL-SDP-CH1Z (SDP-H1)) controller
- PC software for control and data analysis
Documentation & Resources
Fast Reacting, Optical Encoder Feedback System for Miniature Motor Driven Applications4/1/2020 Analog Dialogue
High Accuracy Resolver Simulator System with Fault Injection Function8/16/2019 Analog Dialogue
AD7387 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For High Accuracy, Low noise, low distortion application: ADA4896-2, ADA4945-1, LTC6227.
- For Precision low power Application: ADA4807-2, ADA4805-2.
- For Precision, low density Application: ADA4940-2.
Recommended Low Dropout Regulators
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.