Features and Benefits
- 12-Bit plus sign SAR ADC
- True bipolar input ranges
- Software-selectable input ranges ± 10V, ± 5V, ± 2.5V, 0V to 10V
- 1 MSPS throughput rate
- 4 analog input channels with channel sequencer
- Single -ended, true differential, and Pseudo differential analog input capability
- High analog input impedance
- Low power: 21 mW
- Full power signal bandwidth: 22 MHz
- Internal 2.5 V reference
- High speed serial interface
- For more features please see data sheet
The AD7324 is a 4-channel, 12-bit plus sign, successive approximation ADC designed on the iCMOS (industrial CMOS) process. iCMOS is a process combining high voltage silicon with submicron CMOS and complementary bipolar technologies. It enables the development of a wide range of high performance analog ICs capable of 33 V operation in a footprint that no previous generation of high voltage parts could achieve. Unlike analog ICs using conventional CMOS processes, iCMOS components can accept bipolar input signals while providing increased performance, dramatically reduced power consumption, and reduced package size.
The AD7324 can accept true bipolar analog input signals. The AD7324 has four software-selectable input ranges: ±10 V, ±5 V, ±2.5 V, and 0 V to +10 V. Each analog input channel can be independently programmed to one of the four input ranges. The analog input channels on the AD7324 can be programmed to be single-ended, true differential, or pseudo differential.
The ADC contains a 2.5 V internal reference. The AD7324 also allows for external reference operation. If a 3 V reference is applied to the REFIN/OUT pin, the AD7324 can accept a true bipolar ±12 V analog input. Minimum ±12 V VDD and VSS supplies are required for the ±12 V input range. The ADC has a high speed serial interface that can operate at throughput rates up to 1 MSPS.
- The AD7324 can accept true bipolar analog input signals, ±10 V, ±5 V, ±2.5 V, and 0 V to +10 V unipolar signals.
- The four analog inputs can be configured as four single-ended inputs, two true differential input pairs, two pseudo differential inputs, or three pseudo differential inputs.
- 1 MSPS serial interface. SPI®-/QSPI™-/DSP-/MICROWIRE™-compatible interface.
- Low power, 31 mW maximum, at 1 MSPS throughput rate.
- Channel sequencer.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7324CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7324. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board.
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
AD7324 Companion Parts
Recommended Input Buffer Amplifiers
- For low noise and low power applications: ADA4841-1, ADA4932-1, ADA4841-2, AD8137.
- For low noise and low frequency at high supply voltages( up to +-18V): AD8597, ADA4627-1, AD8599.
- For low noise and high frequency: AD8021, ADA4899-1, AD8022.
- For low noise and low frequency applications at medium supply voltages( up to +-13V): AD8610, AD8620.
Recommended External References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.