Lower cost, 20% lower supply current, 2x faster, 3x the CMV rejection and wider supply range to 36V
New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Easy to use
- Rail-to-rail output swing
- Input voltage range extends 150 mV below ground (single supply)
- Low power, 550 μA maximum supply current
- Gain set with one external resistor
- Gain range: 1 to 1000
- High accuracy dc performance
- 0.10% gain accuracy (G = 1)
- 0.35% gain accuracy (G > 1)
- Noise: 35 nV/√Hz RTI noise at 1 kHz
- Excellent dynamic specifications
- 800 kHz bandwidth (G = 1)
- 20 μs settling time to 0.01% (G = 10)
The AD623 is an integrated, single- or dual-supply instrumentation amplifier that delivers rail-to-rail output swing using supply voltages from 3 V to 12 V. The AD623 offers superior user flexibility by allowing single gain set resistor programming and by conforming to the 8-lead industry standard pinout configuration. With no external resistor, the AD623 is configured for unity gain (G = 1), and with an external resistor, the AD623 can be programmed for gains of up to 1000.
The superior accuracy of the AD623 is the result of increasing ac common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR) coincident with increasing gain; line noise harmonics are rejected due to constant CMRR up to 200 Hz. The AD623 has a wide input common-mode range and amplifies signals with commonmode voltages as low as 150 mV below ground. The AD623 maintains superior performance with dual and single polarity power supplies.
- Low power medical instrumentation
- Transducer interfaces
- Thermocouple amplifiers
- Industrial process controls
- Difference amplifiers
- Low power data acquisition
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Analog Devices provides a line of evaluation boards designed to help users evaluate our instrumentation amplifiers in 8 pin packages. Access the user guide UG-261.
This user guide describes three generic evaluation boards that can be used to evaluate many of Analog Devices instrumentation amplifiers. For information on the performance of a specific instrumentation amplifier, see the data sheet for that instrumentation amplifier.
- 3 generic, easy-to-use evaluation boards
- Shipped with an assortment of Analog Devices in-amps
- Solder in the in-amp to be tested
- Test pins already populated
- Decoupling capacitors already populated
- EVAL-INAMP-62RZ board: Compatible with AD620, AD621, AD622, AD623, AD627, AD8223, AD8225, LT1167, LT1168 and LT6370 in SOIC or PDIP
- EVAL-INAMP-82RZ board: Compatible with AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8229, AD8421, AD8428, and AD8429 in SOIC package
- EVAL-INAMP-82RMZ board: Compatible with AD8220, AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8236, and AD8421 in MSOP package
Application Notes (6)
Tools & Simulations
In-Amp Diamond Plot Tool
The Diamond Plot Tool is a web application that generates a configuration-specific Output Voltage Range vs. Input Common-Mode Voltage graph, also known as the Diamond Plot, for Analog Devices Instrumentation Amplifiers. Based on user inputs such as supply voltage, gain, and input signal range, the tool detects saturation and recommends in-amps for which the input signal is in-range and the configuration is valid. Avoid saturation, find the best in-amp for your design, and save time.
AD623 SABER Macro-Model
These tools will help estimate error contributions in your instrumentation amplifier circuit. It uses input parameters such as temperature, gain, voltage input, and source impedance to determine the errors that can contribute to your overall design.
Technical Articles (6)
Rarely Asked Questions (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.