Quad Channel, 16-Bit, Serial Input, 4 mA to 20 mA and Voltage Output DAC, Dynamic Power Control, HART Connectivity
Features and Benefits
- 16-bit resolution and monotonicity Dynamic power control for thermal management or external PMOS mode
- Current output ranges: 0 mA to 20 mA, 4 mA to 20 mA, or 0 mA to 24 mA
- ±0.05% total unadjusted error (TUE) maximum
- User programmable offset and gain On-chip diagnostics
- On-chip reference (±10 ppm/°C maximum)
- −40°C to +105°C temperature range
The AD5757 is a quad, current output DAC that operates with a power supply range from 10.8 V to 33 V. On-chip dynamic power control minimizes package power dissipation by regulating the voltage on the output driver from 7.4 V to 29.5 V, using a dc-to-dc boost converter optimized for minimum on-chip power dissipation.
Each channel has a corresponding CHART pin so that HART signals can be coupled onto the current output of the AD5757.
The part uses a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates of up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, DSP, and microcontroller interface standards. The interface also features optional CRC-8 packet error checking, as well as a watchdog timer that monitors activity on the interface.
- Dynamic power control for thermal management.
- 16-bit performance.
- HART Compliant.
- Process control
- Actuator Control
- Programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- HART Network Connectivity
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Software & Systems Requirements
AD5757 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For a low cost, quad channel, up to 10 Mbps data rate: ADUM1410, ADUM1411.
- For higher data rates: dc to 90 Mbps: ADUM1400.
Recommended External 5V References
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.