Features and Benefits
- 14-Bit DAC; 12-Bit Accuracy Guaranteed
- On-chip, 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference
- Tiny 8-lead SOT-23/MSOP packages
- Power-down to 480 nA @ 5 V, 200 nA @ 3 V
- 3 V/5 V single power supply
- Guaranteed 16-bit monotonic by design
- Power-on reset to zero/midscale
- 3 power-down functions
- Serial interface with Schmitt-triggered inputs
- Rail-to-rail operation
- SYNC interrupt facility
The AD5620/AD5640/AD5660, members of the nanoDAC® family of devices, are low power, single, 12-/14-/16-bit, buffered voltage-out DACs and are guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5620/AD5640/AD5660-1 parts include an internal, 1.25 V, 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output voltage range of 2.5 V. The AD5620/AD5640/AD5660-2-3 parts include an internal, 2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output voltage range of 5 V. The reference associated with each part is available at the VREFOUT pin.
The parts incorporate a power-on reset circuit to ensure that the DAC output powers up to 0 V (AD5620/AD5640/AD5660-1-2) or midscale (AD5620-3 and AD5660-3) and remains there until a valid write takes place. The parts contain a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 480 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The power consumption is 2.5 mW at 5 V, reducing to 1 μW in power-down mode.
The AD5620/AD5640/AD5660 on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved. For remote sensing applications, the output amplifier’s inverting input is available to the user. The AD5620/AD5640/AD5660 use a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards.
- 14-bit nanoDAC — 12-bit accuracy guaranteed.
- On-chip, 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference.
- Available in 8-lead SOT-23 and 8-lead MSOP packages.
- Power-on reset to 0 V or midscale.
- 10 µs settling time.
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Software & Systems Requirements
AD5640 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
- For low supply current in 4mA to 20mA applications: AD8627.
- For bipolar output applications: AD820, OP295, ADA4096-2.
Recommended Power Supply References
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For process-control applications in industrial environments: ADUM1300.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.