Features and Benefits
- Single 8-, 10-, 12-bit DACs, 2 LSB INL
- 6-lead LFCSP and SC70 packages
- Micropower operation: 100 µA max at 5 V
- Power-down to <150 nA at 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- Power-on reset to 0 V with brownout detection
- 3 power-down functions
- I2C® compatible serial interface supports standard (100 KHz), fast (400 KHz) and high speed (3.4 MHz) modes
- On-chip output buffer amplifier, rail-to-rail operation
The AD5602 / AD5612 / AD5622, members of the nanoDAC® family, are single 8-/10-/12-bit buffered voltage-out DACs that operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming <100 µA at 5 V. The AD5602 / AD5612 / AD5622 comes in a tiny LFCSP and SC70 packages. Each DAC contains an on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved.
The AD5602 / AD5612 / AD5622 utilizes a 2-wire I2C-compatible serial interface that operates in standard (100 KHz), fast (400 KHz) and high speed (3.4 MHz) modes.
The references for AD5602 / AD5612 / AD5622 are derived from the power supply inputs and to give the widest dynamic output range. Each part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to <150 nA at 3 V and provides software selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The devices are put into power-down mode over the serial interface. The low power consumption of the AD5602 / AD5612 / AD5622 in normal operation makes them ideally suited to portable battery operated equipment. The power consumption is 0.4 mW at 5 V.
- Available in 6-lead LFCSP and SC70 packages.
- Max 100µA power consumption, single-supply operation. This part operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and typically consumes 0.2 mW at 3 V and 0.4 mW at 5 V, making it ideal for battery-powered applications.
- The on-chip output buffer amplifier allows the output of the DAC to swing rail-to-rail with a typical slew rate of 0.5 V/µs.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- Standard, fast and high speed mode I2C interface.
- Designed for very low power consumption.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes <150 nA at 3 V.
- Power-on-reset and brown out detection.
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Discrete- and Integrated Control of Power Amplifiers in Base-Station Applications4/1/2008 Analog Dialogue
Tools & Simulations
Precision DAC Error Budget Tool
The Precision DAC Error Budget Tool is a web application that calculates the DC Accuracy of precision DAC signal chains. It shows how the static errors accumulate throughout your signal chain to quickly evaluate the design tradeoffs. Calculations include the DC errors introduced by Voltage References, Operation Amplifiers and Precision DACs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|AD5622AKSZ-2500RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5622AKSZ-2REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5622BKSZ-2500RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5622BKSZ-2REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5622WKSZ-1500RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5622YKSZ-1500RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5622YKSZ-1REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5622YKSZ-2500RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5622YKSZ-2REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.