Features and Benefits
- Single 8-, 10-, 12-bit DACs, 2 LSB INL
- 6-lead LFCSP and SC70 packages
- Micropower operation: 100 µA max at 5 V
- Power-down to <150 nA at 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- Power-on reset to 0 V with brownout detection
- 3 power-down functions
- I2C compatible serial interface supports standard (100 KHz), fast (400 KHz) and high speed (3.4 MHz) modes
- On-chip output buffer amplifier, rail-to-rail operation
The AD5602/AD5612/AD5622, members of the nanoDAC® family, are single 8-/10-/12-bit buffered voltage-out DACs that operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming <100 µA at 5 V. The AD5602/AD5612/AD5622 comes in a tiny LFCSP and SC70 packages. Each DAC contains an on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved.
The AD5602/AD5612/AD5622 utilizes a 2-wire I2C-compatible serial interface that operates in standard (100 KHz), fast (400 KHz) and high speed (3.4 MHz) modes.
The references for AD5602/AD5612/AD5622 are derived from the power supply inputs and to give the widest dynamic output range. Each part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The devices contain a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to <150 nA at 3 V and provides software selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The devices are put into power-down mode over the serial interface. The low power consumption of the AD5602/AD5612/AD5622 in normal operation makes them ideally suited to portable, battery operated equipment. The power consumption is 0.4 mW at 5 V.
- Available in 6-lead LFCSP and SC70 packages.
- Max 100µA power consumption, single-supply operation. These devices operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and typically consumes 0.2 mW at 3 V and 0.4 mW at 5 V, making it ideal for battery-powered applications.
- The on-chip output buffer amplifier allows the output of the DAC to swing rail-to-rail with a typical slew rate of 0.5 V/µs.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- Standard, fast and high speed mode I2C interface.
- Designed for very low power consumption.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes <150 nA at 3 V.
- Power-on-reset and brown out detection.
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.