Features and Benefits
- Single 10-bit DAC
- 6-lead SOT-23 and 8-lead μSOIC packages
- Micropower: 140 µA @ 5 V
- Power-Down to 200 nA @ 5 V, 50 nA @ 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed Monotonic by Design
- Low Power, SPI™, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™
and DSP Compatible 3-Wire Serial Interface
- Reference derived from power supply
- Power-On-Reset to Zero Volts
- Three Power-Down Functions
- Low power serial interface with Schmitt triggered inputs
- On-chip output buffer amplifier, rail-to-rail operation
- SYNC interrupt facility
- Qualified for automotive applications
The AD5310 is a single, 10-bit, buffered voltage output DAC that operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming 115 μA at 3 V. Its on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing. The AD5310 utilizes a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates of up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI™, QSPI™, MICROWIRE®, and DSP interface standards.
The reference for AD5310 is derived from the power supply inputs and, therefore, provides the widest dynamic output range. The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures that the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The part contains a power-down feature, which reduces the current consumption of the device to 200 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The part is put into power-down mode over the serial interface.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited for portable, battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 0.7 mW at 5 V, reducing to 1 μW in power-down mode.
The AD5310 is one of a family of pin-compatible DACs. The AD5300 is the 8-bit version, and the AD5320 is the 12-bit version. The AD5300 / AD5310 / AD5320 are available in 6-lead SOT-23 packages and 8-lead μSOIC packages.
- Available in 6-lead SOT-23 and 8-lead μSOIC packages.
- Low power, single supply operation. This part operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and typically consumes 0.35 mW at 3 V and 0.7 mW at 5 V, making it ideal for battery-powered applications.
- The on-chip output buffer amplifier allows the output of the DAC to swing rail-to-rail with a slew rate of 1 V/μs.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 30 MHz. Designed for very low power consumption. The interface only powers up during a write cycle.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes 50 nA at 3 V and 200 nA at 5 V.
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|AD5310BRMZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||8-Lead MSOP|
|AD5310BRMZ-REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||8-Lead MSOP|
|AD5310BRTZ-500RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SOT-23|
|AD5310BRTZ-REEL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SOT-23|
|AD5310BRTZ-REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SOT-23|
|AD5310WBRTZ-REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SOT-23|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.