Features and Benefits
- 16-bit ADC family
- Dual simultaneous sampling
- Fully differential analog inputs
- Throughput conversion rate
- 1 MSPS for AD4680
- 500 kSPS for AD4681
- SNR (typical)
- 92.5 dB, VREF = 3.3 V external
- 100 dB with 8× OSR, RES = 1
- On-chip oversampling function
- Resolution boost function
- INL (maximum) 1.5 LSBs
- 2.5 V internal reference at 10 ppm/°C
- High speed serial interface
- −40°C to +125°C operation
- 3 mm × 3 mm, 16-lead LFCSP
- Wide common-mode range
- Alert function
The AD4680/AD4681 are 16-bit, pin-compatible, dual simultaneous sampling, high speed, low power, successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that operate from a 3.0 V to 3.6 V power supply and feature throughput rates of 1 MSPS for the AD4680 and 500 kSPS for the AD4681. The analog input type is differential, accepts a wide common-mode input voltage, and is sampled and converted on the falling edge of CS. Integrated on-chip oversampling blocks improve dynamic range and reduce noise at lower bandwidths. A buffered internal 2.5 V reference is included. Alternatively, an external reference up to 3.3 V can be used.
The conversion process and data acquisition use standard control inputs, allowing easy interfacing to microprocessors or digital signal processors (DSPs). The device is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, and 3.3 V interfaces using a separate logic supply. The AD4680/AD4681 are available in a 16-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP) with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
- Motor control position feedback
- Motor control current sense
- Power quality
- Data acquisition systems
- Erbium doped fiber amplifier (EDFA) applications
- Inphase (I) and quadrature (Q) demodulation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Software & Systems Requirements
AD4681 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For Precision low power Application: ADA4807-2, ADA4805-2.
- For Precision, low density Application: ADA4940-2.
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion Application: ADA4896-2.
Recommended Low Dropout Regulators
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.