Features and Benefits
- Single Positive Voltage Supply (5V to 16.5V)
- Adjustable Drain Voltage 3V to 15V
- Adjustable Drain Current up to 500mA
- Internal Negative Voltage Generator
- Active Bias Current Regulation
- Stable Bias Current Over Temperature and Process Variation and Aging
- Short Circuit Protection (Power Foldback)
- Adjustable Over/Under-Current Alarm
- Adjustable Low Vdd Voltage Alarm
- Automated Power-up Sequencing
- Enable Input for Active Bias Control
- Trigger-out Output for Daisy Chain Power-Up and Power-Down Sequencing
HMC920LP5E is an active bias controller which generates a regulated Drain voltage and actively adjusts the gate voltage of an external amplifier to achieve constant bias current. It can be used to bias any enhancement and depletion type amplifiers operating in Class-A regime with Drain voltages (VDRAIN) from 3V to 15V and drain currents (IDRAIN) up to 500mA, offering a complete biasing solution.
The HMC920LP5E achieves excellent bias stability over supply, temperature and process variations, and eliminates the required calibration procedures used to prevent RF performance degradation due to such variations.
The HMC920LP5E is housed in an RoHS compliant 5x5 mm QFN leadless package with an exposed backside pad to improve thermal characteristics.
- Cellular Base Station
- Wireless Infrastructure Equipment
- Microwave Radio & VSAT
- Military & Space
- Test Instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Quality Documentation (4)
Tape & Reel Specification (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.