Features and Benefits
- isoPower integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- 60 mA output current for ADuM6028
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
- Meets CISPR22 Class B emissions limits at full load on a 2‑layer PCB
- 8-lead SOIC_IC package with 8.3 mm minimum creepage
- High temperature operation: 125°C maximum
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition
- 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- VDE V 0884-10
- VIORM = 565 V peak
- CQC certification per GB4943.1-2011
- UL recognition
The ADuM6020/ADuM60281 are isoPower®, integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converters. Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, these dc-to-dc converters provide regulated, isolated power that is below CISPR22 Class B limits at full load on a 2‑layer printed circuit board (PCB) with ferrites. Common voltage combinations and the associated current output levels are shown in Table 1 through Table 4 in the data sheet.
The ADuM6020/ADuM6028 eliminate the need to design and build isolated dc-to-dc converters in applications up to 500 mW. The iCoupler chip scale transformer technology is used for the magnetic components of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, isolated solution.
The ADuM6020/ADuM6028 isolated dc-to-dc converters provide two different package variants: the ADuM6020 in a wide-body, 16-lead SOIC_IC package, and the ADuM6028 in the space-saving, 8-lead, wide-body SOIC_IC package. For 5 V input operations, use the ADuM6020-5BRIZ and the ADuM6028-5BRIZ. For 3.3 V input to 3.3 V output operations, use the ADuM6020-3BRIZ and the ADuM6028-3BRIZ. See the Pin Configuration and Function Descriptions section and the Ordering Guide in the data sheet for more information.
- RS-485/RS-422/CAN transceiver power
- Power supply start-up bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Automotive on-board charger (OBC) and dc to dc
- Industrial PLCs
1 Protected by U.S. Patents 5,952,849; 6,873,065; 6,903,578; and 7,075,329. Other patents are pending.
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADUM5028EBZ allows the user to evaluate the ADuM5028 isolated power solution. The ADuM5028 eliminates the need to design and build an isolated dc-to-dc converter in 60 mA applications. The iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology is used for the inductive component of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, isolated solution.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler technology, the ADuM5028 dc-to-dc converter provides regulated, isolated power that is well below CISPR22 Class B limits when at full load on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB) with ferrites.
Full specifications of the ADuM5028 can be found in the ADuM5028 data sheets available from Analog Devices, and must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Signal and power isolated ADuM5028 with isoPower integrated isolated dc-to-dc converter
- 2-layer PCB with low radiated emissions; passes EN55022 Class B (certification available)
- On-board LDO for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V to the ADuM5028 VDDP pin
- 5 V input and 5 V or 3.3 V output operation
- Screw terminal connectors for the following:
- 6 V to 9 V LDO power supply
- 5 V direct power supply
- Off board PDIS control
- Isolated output supply
Tools & Simulations
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.