Features and Benefits
- isoPower integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- 60 mA output current
- Meets CISPR22 Class B Emissions limits at full load on a 2-layer PCB
- 8-lead SOIC package with 8.3 mm minimum creepage
- High temperature operation: 125°C maximum
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition
- 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- VDE V 0884-10
- VIORM = 565 V peak
- CQC certification per GB4943.1-2011 (pending)
- UL recognition
The ADuM6028 is an isoPower®, integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter. Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the dc-to-dc converter provide regulated, isolated power that is below CISPR22 Class B limits at full load on a 2-layer PCB with ferrites.
The ADuM6028 eliminates the need to design and build an isolated dc-to-dc converter in 300 mW applications. The iCoupler chip scale transformer technology is used for the magnetic components of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, isolated solution.
The ADuM6028 isolated dc-to-dc converters provide a space saving 8 pin wide body SOIC.
- RS-485/RS-422/CAN transceiver power
- Power supply start-up bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
Markets & Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Building Technology
- Aerospace and Defense
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADUM5028EBZ allows the user to evaluate the ADuM5028 isolated power solution. The ADuM5028 eliminates the need to design and build an isolated dc-to-dc converter in 60 mA applications. The iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology is used for the inductive component of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, isolated solution.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler technology, the ADuM5028 dc-to-dc converter provides regulated, isolated power that is well below CISPR22 Class B limits when at full load on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB) with ferrites.
Full specifications of the ADuM5028 can be found in the ADuM5028 data sheets available from Analog Devices, and must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Signal and power isolated ADuM5028 with isoPower integrated isolated dc-to-dc converter
- 2-layer PCB with low radiated emissions; passes EN55022 Class B (certification available)
- On-board LDO for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V to the ADuM5028 VDDP pin
- 5 V input and 5 V or 3.3 V output operation
- Screw terminal connectors for the following:
- 6 V to 9 V LDO power supply
- 5 V direct power supply
- Off board PDIS control
- Isolated output supply
Tools & Simulations
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.