New Content (4)
Features and Benefits
- 2 × 2 highly integrated transceiver
- Frequency range of 30 MHz to 6000 MHz
- Transmitter and receiver bandwidth up to 40 MHz
- Fully integrated, fractional-N, RF synthesizers
- LVDS and CSSI serial data interface modes
- Low power monitor and sleep modes
- Multichip synchronization capabilities
- Fast Frequency Hopping capabilities
- Dynamic profile switching for dynamic data rates and sample rates
- Fully integrated DPD for narrowband and wideband waveforms
- Fully programmable via a 4-wire SPI
- 12 mm × 12 mm, 196-ball CSP_BGA
The ADRV9002 is a highly integrated, RF transceiver that has dual-channel transmitters, dual-channel receivers, integrated synthesizers, and digital signal processing functions.
The IC delivers a versatile combination of high performance and low power consumption required by battery powered radio equipment and can operate in both FDD and TDD modes. The ADRV9002 operates from 30 MHz to 6000 MHz and covers the UHF, VHF, licensed and unlicensed cellular bands, and industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) bands. The IC can support both narrowband and wideband standards up to 40 MHz bandwidth on both receive and transmit.
The transceiver consists of direct conversion signal paths with state of the art noise figure and linearity. Each complete receiver and transmitter subsystem includes dc offset correction, quadrature error correction, and programmable digital filters, which eliminate the need for these functions in the digital baseband. In addition, several auxiliary functions such as auxiliary analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), auxiliary digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and general-purpose input/outputs (GPIOs) are integrated to provide additional monitoring and control capability.
The fully integrated phase-locked loops (PLLs) provide high performance, low power, fractional-N frequency synthesis for the transmitter, receiver, and clock sections. Careful design and layout techniques provide the isolation required in high performance personal radio applications.
All voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) and loop filter components are integrated to minimize the external component count. The local oscillators (LOs) have flexible configuration options and include fast lock modes.
The transceiver includes low power sleep and monitor modes to save power and extend the battery life of portable devices while monitoring communication.
The fully integrated, low power digital predistortion (DPD) is optimized for both narrowband and wideband signals and enables linearization of high efficiency power amplifiers.
The ADRV9002 core can be powered directly from 1.0 V, 1.3 V, and 1.8 V regulators and is controlled via a standard 4-wire serial port. Other voltage supplies are used to provide proper digital interface levels and to optimize receiver, transmitter, and auxiliary converter performance.
High data rate and low data rate interfaces are supported using configurable complementary metal-oxide semiconductors (CMOS) or low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) serial synchronous interface (SSI) choice. The ADRV9002 is packaged in a 12 mm × 12 mm, 196-ball chip scale package ball grid array (CSP_BGA).
- Mission critical communications
- Very high frequency (VHF), ultrahigh frequency (UHF), and cellular to 6 GHz
- Time division duplexing (TDD) and frequency division duplexing (FDD) applications
Markets & Technology
- Aerospace and Defense
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Security and Surveillance
- RadioVerse: Concept to Creation at Lightspeed
For hardware or software support please visit EngineerZone:
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADRV9002NP/W1/PCBZ and ADRV9002NP/W2/PCBZ are radio cards designed to showcase the ADRV9002, dual-channel Narrow/Wide-band RF transceiver. The radio cards provide a 2x2 transceiver platform for device evaluation. All peripherals necessary for the radio card to operate include high efficiency power circuit board, and a high-performance clocking/MCS distribution included on the radio board. Connecting one of the radio cards with the FPGA motherboard through the FMC connector form a complete evaluation platform for ADRV9002.
Features & Benefits
- 2x2 Narrow/Wide-band RF transceiver platform operating over 30MHz to 6GHz frequency range
- Complete radio cards for evaluation
- ADRV9002NP/W1/PCBZ for frequency band 30MHz to 3GHz
- ADRV9002NP/W2/PCBZ for frequency band 3GHz to 6GHz
- An on-board
- Clock and MCS distribution
- Reference design for high efficiency power supply solution
- Power consumption monitoring solution
- FMC connector to FPGA motherboard (ZC706)
- Powered from single FMC connector
- Includes schematics, layout, BOM, HDL, drivers and application software
Software & Systems Requirements
Wideband RF Transceiver Evaluation Software
Product Selection Guide (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.