Features and Benefits
- Input voltage range: 2.75 V to 6.0 V
- Programmable output voltage range: 0.5 V to 0.9 × PVINx
- Low output noise: ~25 μV rms when VOUT ≤ VREF
- ±1.0% output accuracy over full temperature range
- 500 kHz to 2.5 MHz adjustable switching frequency
- Power regulation
- Channel 1 and Channel 2: programmable 2 A/4 A sync buck regulators, or single 8 A output in parallel
- Channel 3 and Channel 4: programmable 1 A/2 A sync buck regulators, or single 4 A output in parallel
- Flexible parallel operation
- Precision enable with 0.6 V threshold
- Manual or sequence mode for power-up and power-down sequence
- Selective FPWM or PSM operation mode
- Precision undervoltage comparator
- Frequency synchronization input or output
- Active output discharge switch
- Power-good flag on selective channels via factory fuse
- UVLO, OVP, OCP, and TSD protection
- 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP package
- −40°C to +125°C junction temperature
The ADP5014 combines four high performance, low noise buck regulators in a 40-lead LFCSP package. Relying on its low output noise (~25 μV rms when VOUT ≤ VREF), the low noise buck regulator enables the powering up of the noise sensitive signal chain products.
All channels in the ADP5014 integrate high-side and low-side power metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistors (MOSFET). Channel 1 and Channel 2 deliver a programmable output current of 2 A or 4 A. Combining Channel 1 and Channel 2 in a parallel configuration provides a single output with up to 8 A of current.
Channel 3 and Channel 4 deliver a programmable output current of 1 A or 2 A. Combining Channel 3 and Channel 4 in a parallel configuration can provide a single output with up to 4 A of current.
The ADP5014 features two enable modes. The manual mode has four individual precision enable pins to enable each regulator manually. Alternatively, the sequence mode has one grouped precision enable signal with programmable power-up and power-down delay timers on each rail for specific rail sequence requirements.
The switching frequency of the ADP5014 can be programmed or synchronized to an external clock from 500 kHz to 2.5 MHz.
The ADP5014 offers other key features like selective forced pulse width modulation (FPWM)/power saving mode (PSM), an undervoltage output (UVO), active output discharge, and a power-good flag. Other safety features include input undervoltage lockout (UVLO), overvoltage protection (OVP), overcurrent protection (OCP) and thermal shutdown (TSD).
- RF transceiver, high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC)/digital-to-analog converter (DAC), mixed signal ASIC
- FPGA and processor applications
- Security and surveillance
- Medical applications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5014-EVALZ evaluation board combines four high performance buck regulators in a 40-lead LFCSP package to meet the demanding performance and board space requirements.
Full details on the ADP5014 regulator are provided in the ADP5014 data sheet, available from Analog Devices, Inc. Consult the data sheet in conjunction with user guide UG-1137 when working with this evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADP5014
- Compact solution size
- 4-layer high glass transition temperature (TG) PCB for superior thermal performance
- Convenient connections through vertical printed circuit tail pin headers
- Supply voltage
- 2.75 V to 6.0 V for PVINx
- Mode option to select manual or sequence enable
- Mode option to select PSM or FPWM operation
- Programmable switching frequency from 500 kHz to 2.5 MHz
- Frequency synchronization input or output
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
ADIsimPower is the fastest and most accurate Power Management design tool. ADI's Design Center lets you design your power circuits in three easy steps.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.