Features and Benefits
- 5.7 kV rms, signal isolated RS-485 transceiver
- 1500 V peak and dc working voltage to DIN V VDE 0884-11
- Low radiated emissions: passes EN 55032, Class B with margin on a 2-layer PCB
- Receiver cable inversion smart feature
- Correction for reversed cable connection on A and B bus pins while maintaining full receiver fail-safe feature
- ESD protection on the RS-485 A, B, Y, and Z bus pins
- ≥ ±12 kV IEC 61000-4-2 contact discharge
- ≥ ±15 kV IEC 61000-4-2 air discharge
- Low speed 500 kbps data rate for EMI control
- Flexible power supply inputs
- Primary VDD1 supply of 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- Isolated VDD2 supply of 3.0 V to 5.5 V
- Profibus® Compliant for 5V VDD2
- Wide −40°C to +125°C operating temperature range
- High common-mode transient immunity: >250 kV/μs
- Short-circuit, open-circuit, and floating input receiver fail-safe
- Supports 192 bus nodes (72 kΩ receiver input impedance)
- Full hot swap support (glitch free power-up and power-down)
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A, DIN V VDE 0884-11, UL 1577, CQC11-471543-2012, IEC 61010-1
- 16-lead, wide-body, SOIC_W package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance in standard pinout
The ADM2761E/ADM2763E are 500 kbps, 5.7 kV rms, signal isolated RS-485 transceivers that pass radiated emissions testing to the EN 55032, Class B standard with margin on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB). These devices are compliant to the RS-485 and RS-422 communication standards. The ADM2761E/ ADM2763E isolation barrier provides robust system level immunity to IEC 61000-4-x system level electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards. The devices are suitable for applications that require insulation against working voltages of 1060 V rms and 1500 V dc for the lifetime of the device.
The devices are protected against ≥±12 kV contact and ≥±15 kV air IEC 61000-4-2 electrostatic discharge (ESD) events on the RS-485 A, B, Y, and Z pins. The ADM2763E features a receiver cable invert pin to allow quick correction of the reversed cable connection on the A and B receiver bus pins while maintaining full receiver fail-safe performance.
These devices are optimized for low speed over long cable runs and have a maximum data rate of 500 kbps. The high differential output voltage makes these devices suitable for PROFIBUS® nodes when powered with 5 V on the VDD2 supply. The VDD1 primary supply and VDD2 isolated supply both support a wide range of voltages (1.7 V to 5.5 V and 3.0 V to 5.5 V, respectively). Half-duplex and full duplex device options are available in the industry standard 16-lead, wide body, standard SOIC_W package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance.
- Solar inverters
- Electrical test and measurement
- Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) networks
- Industrial field buses
- Building automation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.