Features and Benefits
- isoPower integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- 100 mA output current
- Meets CISPR22 Class B emissions limits at full load on a 2-layer PCB
- 16-lead SOIC package with 8.3 mm minimum creepage
- High temperature operation: 125°C maximum
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition (pending)
- 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- UL recognition (pending)
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A (pending)
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- VDE V 0884-10
- VIORM = 565 V peak
- CQC certification per GB4943.1-2011
The ADuM6020 is an isoPower®, integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter. Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the dc-to-dc converter provides regulated, isolated power that is below CISPR22 Class B limits at full load on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB) with ferrites.
The ADuM6020 eliminates the need to design and build an isolated dc-to-dc converter in 500 mW applications. The iCoupler chip scale transformer technology is used for the magnetic components of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, isolated solution.
The ADuM6020 isolated dc-to-dc converter is available in a wide-body 16-lead SOIC_IC package.
- RS-485/RS-422/CAN transceiver power
- Power supply start-up bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Industrial PLCs
Markets & Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Aerospace and Defense
- Building Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADUM5020EBZ allows the user to evaluate the ADuM5020 isolated power solution. The ADuM5020 eliminates the need to design and build an isolated dc-to-dc converter in 500 mW applications. The iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology is used for the inductive component of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, isolated solution.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler technology, the ADuM5020 dc-to-dc converter provides regulated, isolated power that is well below CISPR22/EN55022 Class B limits when at full load on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB) with ferrites. Available supply voltages and the associated output current levels are shown in Table 1.
Full specifications of the ADuM5020 or ADuM6020 can be found in the ADuM5020 or ADuM6020 data sheet, available from Analog Devices, Inc., and must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- ADuM5020 with isoPower integrated isolated dc-to-dc converter
- 2-layer PCB with low radiated emissions; passes CISPR22/EN55022 Class B
- On-board LDO for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V to the ADuM5020 VDDP pin
- 5 V input and 5 V or 3.3 V output operation
- Screw terminal connectors for the following:
- 6 V to 9 V LDO power supply
- 5 V direct power supply
- Off board PDIS control
- Isolated output supply
Tools & Simulations
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.