Features and Benefits
- High performance
- High relative accuracy (INL): ±4 LSB maximum at 16 bits (AD5679/AD5679R)
- TUE: ±0.14% of FSR maximum
- Offset error: ±1.5 mV maximum
- Gain error: ±0.06% of FSR maximum
- Low drift, 2.5 V voltage reference temperature coefficient: 2 ppm/°C typical
- 40 mA short-circuit current
- Wide operating ranges
- −40°C to +125°C temperature range
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply range
- Simplified implementation
- User selectable gain of 1 or 2 (GAIN pin)
- 1.8 V logic compatibility
- 50 MHz serial peripheral interface (SPI) with readback or daisy chain
- 28-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm, RoHS compliant LFCSP
The AD5674/AD5674R/AD5679/AD5679R are low power, 16-channel, 12-/16-bit, buffered voltage output, digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that include a 2.5 V, 2 ppm/°C internal reference (enabled by default), and a gain select pin, resulting in a full-scale output of 2.5 V (gain = 1) or 5 V (gain = 2). The devices operate from a single, 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply range and are guaranteed monotonic by design. The AD5674/AD5674R/AD5679/AD5679R are available in a 28-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP) and incorporate a power-on reset (POR) circuit that ensures that the DAC outputs power up to and remains at zero-scale until a valid write. The AD5674/AD5674R/AD5679/AD5679R contain a power-down mode that reduces the current consumption to 2 μA typical.
- High channel density: 16 channels in 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP.
- High relative accuracy (integral nonlinearity (INL)) ±4 LSB maximum.
- Low drift, 2.5 V, on-chip reference.
- Optical transceivers
- Base station power amplifiers
- Process control (programmable logic controller (PLC) input/output cards)
- Industrial automation
- Data acquisition systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide details the operation of the EVAL-AD5679RSDZ for the AD5679R 16-bit, 16-channel, voltage output, digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
The EVAL-AD5679RSDZ allows users to quickly prototype AD5679R circuits and reduce design time. The AD5679R operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply range. The AD5679R incorporates an internal 2.5 V reference to give an output voltage of 2.5 V or 5 V.
The EVAL-AD5679RSDZ interfaces to the USB port of a PC via a system demonstration platform (SDP-B) board. The Analysis | Control | Evaluation (ACE) software is available for download from the EVAL-AD5679RSDZ product page to use with the evaluation board to allow the user to program the AD5679R. A peripheral module interface (PMOD) connection is also available to allow the connection of microcontrollers to the evaluation board without the SDP-B board. When a microcontroller is used through the PMOD connection, the SDP-B board must be disconnected, and the user is unable to operate the ACE software.
The EVAL-AD5679RSDZ is compatible with any Analog Devices, Inc., SDP-B board, which can be purchased separately. A typical connection between the EVAL-AD5679RSDZ and the SDP-B controller board is shown in Figure 1.
For full details, see the AD5679R data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-AD5679RSDZ.
EVAL-AD5679RSDZ is compatible with all models of the AD5674/AD5674R/AD5679/AD5679R.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD5679R
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with the Analog Devices, Inc., SDP board
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.