The Altera® Cyclone® V SoC Development Kit offers a quick and simple approach to develop custom ARM®processor-based SOC designs accompanied by Altera’s low-power, low-cost Cyclone V FPGA fabric. This kit supports a wide range of functions, such as:
- Processor and FPGA prototyping and power measurement
- Industrial networking protocols
- Motor control applications*
- Acceleration of image- and video-processing applications*
- PCI Express® (PCIe®) x4 lane with ~1,000 MBps transfer rate (endpoint or rootport)
Linear Technology Components
LTC3605 - 15V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator.
LTC3613- 24V, 15A Monolithic Step Down Regulator with Differential Output Sensing.
LTC3509 - Dual 36V, 700mA Step-Down Regulator.
LTC3855 - Dual, Multiphase Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Differential Remote Sense.
LTC3022 - 1A, 0.9V to 10V, Very Low Dropout Linear Regulator.
Digital Power Management Solutions
The Altera Cyclone V SoC board, in addition to being able to interface to various mixed signal demo boards from Linear Technology, also features another connector, a 12-pin header for the DC1613A dongle (USB-to-PMBus Controller), which allows direct interface to the Digital Power System Management ICs found on the board (2x LTC2978).
There are two LTC2978's, each individually monitoring the FPGA and HPS/ARM rails on the board. This allows the individual rails to be monitored real time for voltage and current, as well as providing sequencing and telemetry functions.
Digital Power System Management on the Altera Cyclone V SoC Development Board
Please click on the links below for more information about Digital Power System Management:
- LTC2978: Octal Digital Power supply Manager with EEPROM (not recommended for new designs, please use the LTC2978A for a footprint compatible design with the LTC2978 or use the LTC2977 for new and improved features vs. the LTC2978/A).
- LTC2978A: 8-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Voltage Measurement.
- LTC2977: 8-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Voltage Measurement
- More instructional videos on using LTpowerPlay.
- LTC2978 program files for the devices that are used on the Altera CV SoC Board.
- DC1613A Dongle (USB-to-PMBus Controller): Please contact Analog Devices for more details on obtaining the DC1613A.
Linear Technology DC934A Demo Board for Altera Cyclone SoC Development Kit
Altera Cyclone V SoC Development Kit (DK-DEV-5CSXC6N) includes an easy to use 14-pin header (QuickEval connector) that allows for plug and play interface to any Linear Technology Qucik Eval board. The Linear Technology DC934A demo board is included with this Dev Kit.
Starter Guide & Demo Code are also available below:
- Starter Guide for the Altera Cyclone V SoC Development Kit
- Demo Code for the Altera Cyclone V SoC Development Kit
- DC934A demo board includes: