Features and Benefits
- Connect to systems through standard USB Type A and Type B connectors.
- Draw power from the USB host or from an external 5.0 V or 3.3 V power supply.
- Support isolated power for the downstream interface through an ADuM5000 isoPower® dc-to-dc converter.
- Support external downstream power from a 5 V or 3.3 V power supply.
- Provide test points for all power and signal paths.
- Support low and full speed communications.
- Support enumeration control.
- Support external electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection.
- Support common-mode chokes in the xD+/xD− lines.
- Support ferrite inductors in the VBUSx and GNDx lines.
The evaluation board allows configuration of the features of the ADuM4160/ADuM3160 chip and provides support for a variety of possible power schemes. The evaluation board also allows common-mode voltages; however, it is not recommended for performing safety related testing, such as high voltage withstand testing. Perform this type of testing on the component level or on a production board.