Features and Benefits
- 2.5 kV rms power and signal isolated RS-485/RS-422 transceiver
- PCB layout optimized for EN55022 radiated emissions according to the AN-1349 Application Note
- ADM2582E passes EN55022 Class A (certification available)
- 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB) layout that minimizes PCB material cost
- Convenient connections for power and signal through screw terminal blocks
- Configurable as half-duplex or full-duplex
- 5 V or 3.3 V operation
- Easily configurable through jumper connections
- Test points for measuring all signals
The ADM2582E power and signal isolated RS-485 transceivers have two options for easy evaluation: the EVAL-ADM2582EEBZ 4-Layer EN55022 Class B Radiated Emissions Compliant Evaluation Board or the EVAL-ADM2582EEMIZ 2-Layer EN55022 Class A Radiated Emissions Compliant Evaluation Board. Both evaluation boards options are populated with an ADM2582E 20-lead wide-body SOIC component.
The EVAL-ADM2582EEBZ evaluation board is designed to reduce emissions generated by the high frequency switching elements used by the isoPower® technology to transfer power through its transformer. The 4 layer board layout was generated using the guidelines provided in the AN-0971 Application Note, Recommendations for Control of Radiated Emissions with isoPower Devices. The EVAL-ADM2582EEBZ evaluation board was tested at an independent test facility. The evaluation board passed the IEC 61000-4-5 surge testing up to 2 kV.
The EVAL-ADM2582EEMIZ is designed to reduce emissions generated by the high frequency switching elements used by the isoPower® technology to transfer power through the ADM2582E/ADM2587E integrated transformer. The 2 layer board layout is generated using the guidelines provided in the AN-1349 Application Note, PCB Implementation Guidelines to Minimize Radiated Emissions on the ADM2582E/ADM2587E RS-485/RS-422 Transceivers. The EVAL-ADM2582EEMIZ evaluation boards are tested and certified to pass EN55022 Class A