Features and Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD7284
- Separate master and slave evaluation kits
- Direct current daisy chain or isolated daisy-chain options
- Master configuration kit
- EVAL-SDP-CB1Z compatible
- Standalone capability
- Isolated power and interface
- Slave configuration kit
- To be used in conjunction with an AD7284 master evaluation kit
- Direct interface to the AD7284 master board
- Daisy-chain capability for chains of up to 20 devices
- PC software for control and data analysis when used with the Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP), EVAL-SDP-CB1Z
The AD7284 is a complete, 14-bit resolution, lithium ion battery monitoring system, integrating multiple voltage and auxiliary analog-to-digital converter (ADC) input channels. Full details about the device are available in the AD7284 data sheet from Analog Devices, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation kit.
On-board components on the master board include isolated power and interface using the ADuM1201 and the ADuM5401 digital isolators, and power using the ADP3303 and the ADP7104 regulators.
The AD7284 master board is used in conjunction with the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z SDP board available from Analog Devices, which must be purchased separately from the evaluation board.